Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low compression...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Low compression...

So I bought a car about 6 months ago, 2001 red TA, had 92k miles. It didn't work because gas pump was gone so I replaced it.

Then I got car to work and realized the car was leaking oil from Air intake, so I had the car serviced to see what was wrong then the mechanic told me I had bought a car that had been run like crazy.

So I asked if he could fix it he charged me 600 bucks to tell me he couldn't and that there was low compression in 3 of the banks, he didn't do internal engine work. So I was pissed, the car works and runs but has SERVICE engine soon sign.
It does not overheat but leaks oil and smokes a bit from leaking oil. It doesn't make weird noises but I really need some advice .

Should I replace engine or have engine pulled, ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED. And no I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to pulling a motor
Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

did he tell you what the actual compressin was? it may be low but if its still runnin good then find another block and build it up how you want it while you beat on the stock motor and swap it out when your ready...
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by k_cash1432
did he tell you what the actual compressin was? it may be low but if its still runnin good then find another block and build it up how you want it while you beat on the stock motor and swap it out when your ready...
Thanks for taking the time to reply......I have compression numbers in my car will post them in morning....
FOund out the reason it was low compression was worn out rings needs a small rebuild have engine at my house

Last edited by Transamtx; 05-16-2012 at 12:44 PM.