Sponsored by:

pushrod length on 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pushrod length on 6.0

i am running 98 camaro pushrods, lifters, and rockers, and heads on my 6.0
i am running .051 thick gm headgaskets. i think i have some chatter in the lifters and im wondering if the thicker head gaskets are causing the problem and what i need to do to fix it the easiest and cheapest way. it has a custom grind compcam to le specs and lunati valve springs, i also thought maybe i could take a block and take .010 off of the rocker arm bar that the rockers set on to take up the slack.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:33 AM
9 Second Club

You HAVE to get light checker springs and an adjustable pushrod to check the swipe pattern on the valve tips. DO NOT mill the mounting pads down. Then order ther correct length pushrods. Or do it your way and if it's wrong you have ruined your heads
Old 04-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by butler
You HAVE to get light checker springs and an adjustable pushrod to check the swipe pattern on the valve tips. DO NOT mill the mounting pads down. Then order ther correct length pushrods. Or do it your way and if it's wrong you have ruined your heads
haha well i was not going to mill the heads down on the mounting pad. i was talking about the pedestals. im not looking to ruin the heads, but i have fixed the problem already, thanks.