Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to change oil sensor LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to change oil sensor LS1?

I want to replace a faulty oil sensor on my LS1 caprice. It has enough room for a extension, rachet, and socket to fit, so no need to remove the intake manifold. Will 27mm socket work. I need to turn the rachet counterclockwise to open the sensor right? And clockwise to tighten it? Should I put teflon tape on the threads of the new sensor or will it be ok without it. How much should I tight it? I will be using a normal rachet. Any tips?
Old 05-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Launching!

the 27 mm will work if its deep enough if not then by oil pressure sensor socket, your new sensor should have a paste on it so no need for teflon tape, when i did mine i just tighten it up itll only go so far
Old 05-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Staging Lane

I just replaced the sensor with an original ac delco sensor and problem is solved. Now no more check engine light! It took three seconds to remove the senor but was an *** to put in. I used a 27mm deep socket and whenever I tightened it the socket got stuck and would not come out. After more than one hour of trying I unscrewed it a little bit and it then came out. Not nice for people doing it the first time.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:10 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Any auto parts store carries the correct GM oil pressure sensor socket that fits correctlty...
Costs $10.....
Old 05-06-2012, 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soundengineer
Any auto parts store carries the correct GM oil pressure sensor socket that fits correctlty...
Costs $10.....
I got mine at O'reilley Auto Parts. I just couldn't use any regular socket and risk breaking it again. It was only like $10.

Quick Reply: How to change oil sensor LS1?