Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about my new Stg 3 heads that just arrived

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Question about my new Stg 3 heads that just arrived

Just got my Livernois Stg 3 243 heads delivered today. They had a tag on them that read:

"Ex tips at 0, In valve tips are .025-.030 below 0 - check your lash & adjust accordingly"

So as I understand it, with my factory rocker set up, Im setting these to zero lash, measuring the pushrod length, and then adding the preload for the LS7 lifters to get my pushrod length. With the intake valve tips sitting below the exhaust tips, Im assuming that Im going to end up having a slightly different length pushrod for the exhaust and intake valves?

Any help would be much appreciated
Old 05-24-2012, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats how I read that. The intake valve is sitting lower than stock. Not a problem you can't solve. When you measure for pushrods, your intake pushrods will be shorter than the exhaust.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

if the intake valve is sitting lower, wouldnt that result in a longer pushrod on the intake side?

And if that is the case, is that going to significantly change the wipe pattern on the intake valve?
Old 05-24-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYNAVY30
if the intake valve is sitting lower, wouldnt that result in a longer pushrod on the intake side?

And if that is the case, is that going to significantly change the wipe pattern on the intake valve?
I couldnt tell you exactly what to expect. Your not altering the height of the rocker, so I wouldnt think so. The important thing they are trying to tell you is you can't just throw your stock length pushrods in and go. You need to measure.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
I couldnt tell you exactly what to expect. Your not altering the height of the rocker, so I wouldnt think so. The important thing they are trying to tell you is you can't just throw your stock length pushrods in and go. You need to measure.
Oh absolutely, I have every intention of measuring. I just wanted to have an idea of what I was looking for and what to expect before jumping into it.