Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this normal for a 90k motor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this normal for a 90k motor?

My engine has been starting to get blue smoke out of the exhaust. Last fall at the drag stip, the safety crew would stop me for blue smoke if I engine braked in the shutdown area. Then this spring Ive been getting a little blue under WOT. The car is cam only, occasional 100 dry shot nitrous, pcv is deleted and lines are routed to a remote breather, and the tune is 14.7 afr idle/faux lean cruise 15.5 afr/12.8 afr wot n/a. I ran the remote breather last year and before that was the normal stock pcv.

I got one head pulled off tonight and found some oil pooled on the 4 and 8 pistons. All 4 pistons are really clean on the edges, Im assuming thats a sign of blow by. Is this normal or does this motor need more work? #8 was the worst and the intake port has the most carbon build up under the spiral ramp. All the intake valves are wet. Is my oil problem just valve guides? I hope my fresh 799 heads are all I have to do to correct this. Input is appreciated!

#8 Piston

#6 Piston

#2 and #4 chambers

#8 Intake port, some dirt on the valve is from pulling the intake

Exh port, Lot of carbon and Im thinking I need to ditch the faux lean cruise tune