Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YAY!!! Another H/C suggestion thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default YAY!!! Another H/C suggestion thread!!!

I apologize in advance if threads like this are getting old, but just be happy knowing that you're helping a fellow enthusiast love his car even more

I've been doing some research and reading other suggestion threads to try to figure out what to get, but there are so many different applications, and I have no hands on experience, so I come seeking suggestions. Info on the car:

1998 M6
Strange 12 bolt w/ 4.11 gears
315/30/18 drag radials
Stock intake (Probably upgrading along with H/C)
Stock headers (Also most likely upgrading)
3.5" custom catback exhaust.

I'd be happy with over 400 HP, and would be thrilled if I could get close to 450. The car is NOT daily driven, but I don't want a big cam, probably something medium or a lil bit more.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Your budget will dictate everything.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously?
Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by C5Captain
Your budget will dictate everything.
I don't necessarily have a set budget, but I'm not looking to drop a **** ton of money on a H/C setup. And I guess it's worth mentioning that I'm not necessarily looking for somebody to simply tell me, "hey, just go buy these heads and this cam, that's what I have, and I like them". I'm hoping somebody with enough technical knowledge and experience will chime in and suggest something that will work well with my setup.

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
Seriously?
I'm not sure what I would do without your input.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete137
I don't necessarily have a set budget, but I'm not looking to drop a **** ton of money on a H/C setup. And I guess it's worth mentioning that I'm not necessarily looking for somebody to simply tell me, "hey, just go buy these heads and this cam, that's what I have, and I like them". I'm hoping somebody with enough technical knowledge and experience will chime in and suggest something that will work well with my setup.

I'm not sure what I would do without your input.
Come on....with this topic surfacing everyday...you really have to ask?
Old 06-21-2012, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Find used parts that's the best way to get more power without going broke, bc I know some of us can't afford to buy a Texas speed shortblock, some tony mamo ported afr heads and a fast 102 intake....just pound the classifieds every hour or so and you will find good solid parts to get you between 400-450 whp....good luck bro
Old 06-21-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Give texas speed a ring they would love to help with some really good knowlege and help with what your looking for there will be too many different opinions here. They have many budget heads cam setups that have been proven soo many times, cant go wrong with them.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:50 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you aren't looking to break the bank I would recommend you take a look at our stg 2.5 LS6 heads/cam package paired up with our torquer v.3 camshaft. This package will yield a very notable power pick up while not suffering huge drivability losses because the came is not that large. It will give a nice choppy idle but with tuning shouldn't have any problems daily driving if needed. Feel free to give us a call or shoot me a PM if you have any other questions.