Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new engine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default new engine?

Hello everyone im new to ls1 tech, but a few days ago I did a a4 2 m6 swap everything went ok, I took her for a spin to test tranny.... took it easy but had a loud nocking sound pulled her In garage took off heads I bent a push rod and broke a lifter damaged the side walls where the lifter goes can my enegine be saved?? ..if it.can im also thinking about upgrading my cam to the ms4 cam would my Hardin trickflow push rods be strong enough and should I get new lifters??
Old 07-09-2012, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

heres pics what it looks like

new engine?-imag0761.jpg

new engine?-imag0762.jpg
Old 07-09-2012, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its hard to say specifically without actually being there to look at it, but with that much metal in the engine I'd be concerned about the other components and weather or not it all ended up in the filter or the magnet on the drain plug (as far as the lifter itself goes, not shavings of the block... aluminum ya know?)

A machine shop would probably be able to do something about the actual damage done to the block, although like I said before with that other metal being in the engine you might have to tear the engine down.

As far as your pushrods go, most any kind of .080" walled aftermarket hardened or chromemoly pushrods should be able to stand up to the abuse of a high lift cam.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the quick responce im going to drain oil tomorrow check plug pull cam.. I hope it not bad.. My buddy at one shop said sand the sides down and the polish it to make it smooth again?? and thanks about cam info