Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No oil pressure......

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No oil pressure......

Zero oil pressure on my 01 TA. I just put a new clutch in too... The day I got done installing my clutch I started it after I got everything back up and finished and it didn't want to turn over. My battery was toast so bought a new one, went to go start it and it started for a couple seconds, then it died. Figured it was the computer trying to read itself. Started it again, same thing. Finally started it again and it came alive.
About 20 minutes after it had been started, I started back up again to drive it, got down the road and my oil pressure gauge immediately got low and wanted to die. I put my foot in the clutch and revved it, the oil gauge came up as I revved it but then went right back down when I took my foot off the gas. After that the oil gauge was off the low red marker, tried to drive it back down the street to my place but it died.

I didnt try to start it, just pushed down the block home. That happened yesterday, haven't tried to start it since.... And trust me I won't. Pretty sure my engine is fine. Just curious as to what you all might think it is? Right away I thought oil pump? Keep in mind it has 110,000 miles, knock sensors and oil pressure sending unit on the back of the intake were replaced last year. But for about 3 months now the light on my dash has said "low oil" when I know for a fact it has had plenty of oil.. Didnt realize until recently that it is possible the motor is not getting enough oil? Figured it was a sensor problem... I'm stupid. Help me.

OH also my fuel gauge has been freaking out this past month! Like it will be full or at a half and while at idle or driving it will go straight down to E then later will go back up to where the gas is at.. Float problem or fuel pump?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You cent see it, but reach back behind the driveside head and feel for the ground wires that bolt to the back of it....when they break off you can get all kinds of strange electrical problems.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Will check. BUT SERIOUSLY PEOPLE NO ONE HAS ANYTHING TO SAY out of all the 80 people that have read this!!! Someone has to have info on this come on guys...
Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

As Mark said, it could be a common ground.
Conversely, if you start separately with the oil pressure 'trouble', engines of that mileage can have a blocked/gummed up oil passage leading up to pressure sensor. This can cause erroneous readings.
I might try hooking up a mechanical oil pressure gauge, and verify the actual pressure.
Forgot to ask....was there any clatter, or valvetrain noise?

Last edited by gMAG; 07-11-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gMAG
As Mark said, it could be a common ground.
Conversely, if you start separately with the oil pressure 'trouble', engines of that mileage can have a blocked/gummed up oil passage leading up to pressure sensor. This can cause erroneous readings.
I might try hooking up a mechanical oil pressure gauge, and verify the actual pressure.
Forgot to ask....was there any clatter, or valvetrain noise?

I haven't messed with the car all weekend... I'm a little stressed out and furious at the damn thing. But here soon I'll be checking things.

And the only sound I heard was the lifters because of the lack of oil getting to it
Old 07-15-2012, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 01TAchick
I haven't messed with the car all weekend... I'm a little stressed out and furious at the damn thing. But here soon I'll be checking things.

And the only sound I heard was the lifters because of the lack of oil getting to it
Yup, me too, when confronted by a car problem.
It's best to sit tight for a bit, and let the answers come.
Another pair of eyes always helps!