Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clacking sound...lifter??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clacking sound...lifter??

I just installed this engine and started it a few weeks ago. The engine is a 2000 f-body ls1 with about 37k on it. I never heard it run before I got it.

I installed a comp cam 224/224 112lsa, 918s, hardened push rods before I put it in the car.

I have this fairly loud clacking sound that appears to be coming from the back passenger side cylinder. The sound comes and goes if I drive around, but is there more than not. I took the valve covers off and rechecked the preload/torque and believe I have it right. Then, I put the driver's side cover back on, hooked up the coils, and started the car. The only thing I noticed was that one of the pushrods on that cylinder was squirting oil out, where the others were just pushing oil through at idle.

Its the coming and going part that makes me think lifter. Any ideas appreciated!
Old 04-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Teching In

I moved the injector on the suspect cylinder to the other side. Sound seems to have followed. Never heard an injector being that loud...is it possible???
Old 04-05-2004, 03:44 AM
TECH Regular

yup!!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 06:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xchaos
I moved the injector on the suspect cylinder to the other side. Sound seems to have followed. Never heard an injector being that loud...is it possible???
Me neither, but I'd much rather have to replace the injector!