Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

connecting Rod bolts

Old 08-01-2012, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Question connecting Rod bolts

Ok ive been searching all day reading alt of diff forums and now im alittle confused
im wondering when are stronger connecting rod bolts needed?? Current mods

K&n ram air
Ported polish tb
Bbk intake
243 heads harpland sharp 1.7 rockers
Torquer v2 cam
Bbk lt into x pipe out (true duals)

future mods

75 shot of nitrous

So 2 questions am i going to need to rod bolt the highest i plan on taking it is 6500 rpm
And can i change them with motor still in car or do i HAVE to drop the engine out?? Im still using stock pistons stock rods?? Any input help im about to start my build journal and need to get everything i need thanks everyone
Old 08-01-2012, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You probably won't need them with that small of a nitrous shot. The bolts do help with higher rpms though, and if you're driving the crapmout of it, and spraying it all the time, then it might be more worthwhile.

You can do it with the motor still in the car, you just need to drop the oil pan, which is still a pretty big project
Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
You probably won't need them with that small of a nitrous shot. The bolts do help with higher rpms though, and if you're driving the crapmout of it, and spraying it all the time, then it might be more worthwhile.

You can do it with the motor still in the car, you just need to drop the oil pan, which is still a pretty big project
Ok.cool i think ill get the Katechs so i dnt have to get it resized im dont think im going to be spraying all the time i prob put 4 k miles on the car if that a year.. But thanks man for the quick responce i think all my research for evrrything i need is done now... Time to get to work
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a bad idea to replace them with the Katech bolts, but definitely not a requirement for your doing at this point.

Search this Thread