Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq9 cam help

Old 08-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq9 cam help

ive searched the form and have found people asking for mild cams for an lq9.... i was wondering what the most aggressive cam would be for a stock lq9....its going in a race car so im not worried about drivebility. just want to get the most out of it.

any help would be much appreciated!!
Old 08-13-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

fill out a cam request sheet at comp cams ,you have to answer alot of questions to get the right cam.try Texas Speed ,vengeance racing ,or thunder racing .
Old 08-14-2012, 07:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by carlosd_s14
ive searched the form and have found people asking for mild cams for an lq9.... i was wondering what the most aggressive cam would be for a stock lq9....its going in a race car so im not worried about drivebility. just want to get the most out of it.

any help would be much appreciated!!
In your Custom setup situation, I agree with garygnu.. To get the most out of your LQ9, I would suggest having a custom camshaft cut instead of a traditional shelf cam. If interested, click the link provided and download the Custom Camshaft Order Form. https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/pr...aft-Order-Form
Fill it out and send to the email address provided on the link. The $20 to download the form will be deducted from the price of the camshaft when you order from us! Shoot me a PM if you have any questions!

Originally Posted by garygnu
fill out a cam request sheet at comp cams ,you have to answer alot of questions to get the right cam.try Texas Speed ,vengeance racing ,or thunder racing .
Thanks for the mention!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help. vengeance is actually really close by so im sure ill go with them plus i need a tune to lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lq9 cam help