Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deciding on long term setup, DD/Street.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deciding on long term setup, DD/Street.

Right now my 98 Z M6 is fairly stock except a Lid and will probably start serious modding this winter sometime.
Ive done a decent amount of research on this site and cant decide what route i want to go in the long run.
I want a street car, A/C preferred, 450 RWHP or enough to walk new 5.0's and hang around with cobras/vettes, but NO NITROUS. Will be getting a build Tranny and probably a 9" in the long run.

So my first 3 major options are

Stroke it to a 383, dont want a huge cam though sorry, stroker kits from TSP are relatively cheap and im pretty sure that i would need a new fuel system or maybe just injectors? would be upgrading to a LS6 or BBK intake and probably ported 243's.

Sell the LS1 and put the money towards a 6 liter with H/C/I, maybe stroke it down the road probably not though, would prefer to stay on the smaller side of cubes for a DD.

Huron speed turbo kit probably on junkyard 5.3's so im not afraid of grenading them, sell LS1 for 5.3's, also considered trying to fab up a hotside kit but dont have too much experience welding/fabricating.

Basically just want the most horsepower for the buck/final cost

and yes i plan on getting ride of the RSAP body kit sometime, just dont have time to tear it all off and fill holes right now.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 99 z28 M6 with prc 5.3 stage 2.5 heads, fast 90/90, tourqer v2 cam, long tubes with cutout, and very light suspension work. It made 427rwhp on a mustang dyno and it blows cobra's and c6's away. I daily it every day and it drives like it is stock.

Quick Reply: Deciding on long term setup, DD/Street.