Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burning oil??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning oil??

Hey guys I have a question... I have a 00 z28 with 89000 miles on it, I change my oil every 2500 miles or so with Mobil 1. I usually check my oil about every 3-4 weeks and every time its about a quart low! There's no leaks under my car and I've never noticed any smoke under normal driving. I do street race almost every weekend(I know, not very smart) and the guys behind me said I blow some black smoke when I step on it... I recently had my muffler cut off and a custom y-pipe wielded up(so I could keep the stock tips). Before when I had the muffler I never had any smoke no matter what I was doing! I also had the 02 sensors checked and they're working perfectly....
Old 08-27-2012, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to be a a hole,but try the search box on top, theres alot of usefull information.others members have had the same issues
Old 08-27-2012, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 00zcamarols1
Hey guys I have a question... I have a 00 z28 with 89000 miles on it, I change my oil every 2500 miles or so with Mobil 1. I usually check my oil about every 3-4 weeks and every time its about a quart low! There's no leaks under my car and I've never noticed any smoke under normal driving. I do street race almost every weekend(I know, not very smart) and the guys behind me said I blow some black smoke when I step on it... I recently had my muffler cut off and a custom y-pipe wielded up(so I could keep the stock tips). Before when I had the muffler I never had any smoke no matter what I was doing! I also had the 02 sensors checked and they're working perfectly....
Blue is oil. black is fuel
Old 08-27-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 00zcamarols1
Check the PCV plumbing to see if oil is being sucked into the intake manifold thru here.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you're consuming that much oil that fast then you should really check the oil level more often (each morning before starting).

That's pretty expensive changing M1 every 2500 miles, why can't you change it less often...?

Quick Reply: Burning oil??