Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 camaro need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 camaro need help

i have a 99 camaro that is a stock ls1 automatic with a 1.4 in lowering kit. I am looking into rebuilding the top end with performance parts. i am looking a a ls1 stroker kit. http://www.coasthigh.com/Chevy-LS1-6...31-dm-c383.htm <(link) Probe Industries DOMINATOR Engine Kit - Chevy LS1 6.3L Reverse Dome -21.4cc is what i am wanting to get. with that said i also want to place a hot cam in with dual springs and new rockers. the only problem is what type cam and size to go best with it. and what all other parts will i need to upgrade to keep from having problems in the future. i already know intake and exhaust which i am in process of doing now. i was thinking about do cutout exhaust since car sits low and its hard for me to get one that wont drag. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

You are a ways away from a stroker.

You need to get all of the supporting mods before you even look at a cam or heads. Here is a starting point for you. I know I have missed somethings but what is the fun it putting down all of the bolt on mods.

Long Tubes with some kind of exhaust.
Lid, ported throttle body, LS6 intake or fast intake.
Stall converter, Gears 3.23s or better.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Teching In

I have ypipe straight which i hate. have looked at stall converters and got one on list. And throttle body i can get no problems. Its the internal part i want help with bolt ons are simple. I also did my searching and that is why im here.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel those pistons will drop you static compression too much ,mite be good for super charger.check out a 383 stroker assembly from Texas Speed,chamber cc size will determine piston type.the TSP stroker kit is cheaper..you don't need dual springs with a hot cam.use you stock rockers if you retain powder metal guides.pick the cam last after you have all the other parts.what gears do you have ?what stall converter mite you get ?maybe consider some ported heads.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Im going with 3000 stall and i am port and polish the heads. i don't like the dual springs either. i am looking at a magic stick v.3 from Texas speed but don't know what spec would be best ie. 110 or 115 lsa . what cc should i for

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android

Quick Reply: 99 camaro need help