Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Card'd LS in V6 F-body

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Card'd LS in V6 F-body

Looking to do this swap I know what it would take if i wanted to keep the car on the road but I'm looking to make this a Strict Race car/ Maybe take it to the local hangout once or twice type car I'm kind of tired of driving the F-bodies as DDs. I want to get the car as light as possible etc etc. So I figure the swap seeing as I don't need all the interior stuff to work would be a tad bit easier.....and want to go carb'd as well for simplicity and its different (Kinda) was wondering the 5.3 vs the 5.7 though I know I can find the 5.3's dirt cheap because I'm looking to not break the bank as well the Military pay isn't the greatest lol.

But who's done this I'm sure its been done more than once and figured this would be the place to post it I guess?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the swap is pretty straight forward being you want to carbon it. You will need the k member, transmission, and the front rack are the big ticket items as far as getting a ls motor in there. There are 1000s of other thing you would need to get it going though.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I mean i'd rather go with an LS roller of course but the prices people think they are worth are outrageous plus finding a hard top roller v8 is even tougher. The brakes are another big thing, I know of that would have to change to the better brakes. I know there are a lot of Little things but deleting a lot of the stuff I figured would make the swap a lot smoother was just wondering if anyone has gone this route for a purpose car not a DD

plan on hopfully finding a wrecked LS car someone took the drivetrain out of and do that but we will have to see how things fall

Quick Reply: Card'd LS in V6 F-body