Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 SS advice.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2000 SS advice.

I am the curent owner of a 2000 Camaro SS with the m6 transmisson. It has no major mods. Just the lid and CAI. The gentleman I bought it from kept it hidden all winter. Never saw even so much as a drop of rain. He told me it was his baby haha. It only has 34k miles ! I just bought the car two months ago, then was told that in one month I was deploying. Great. No time to play with my new toy. Anywho, all that is really besides the point. When I get home I would like to start making a few mods to the car. I plan on getting Longtubes, high flow cats, the gmmg exhaust, a new intake manifold and throttle body. I would like to put a head/cam combo on the car as well. Now money is not really a factor since I will be making all this money while deployed, but I would like to keep it reasonable. I have a tendancry to ramble. Anyways. I was hoping the very educated chaps on this site could give me a few ideas. I have looked all over for different cams and heads, but I never really get the answer I am looking for. SO. I would like to be told which head/cam combo would get me over at least 400+ horsepower, but still be very streetable. I would like a little bit of chop in the exhaust but nothing really intense. This isn't going to be my daily driver but I don't find the super choppiness to be super attractive. Also could anyone shine light on the intake manifold, throttle body, headers and high flow cats?!?! Anything will help. Thanks for your time!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

400hp is easily reached with heads and cam on an LS1. You cab do it with cam only but may have to go a little aggressive with the cam. If you don't want it to lope hard you can do a TSP 224R with their heads. There are a few sponsors to the right of this page that can steer you in the right direction. I was told not to over think it. I had two cams spec'd and still ended up going a different route. Give some of the sponsors a call. They will be happy to help ypu, some of them anyway.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 AM

Sweet man thanks for your help. Guess this should have gone in the noob tech section. Whhoops

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 SS advice.