Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know what valve springs these are?

Old 11-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone know what valve springs these are?

These heads are supposedly from an 02 Z06. Before I install them, I want to confirm whats on them. My car is only going to be a very mild build. for a little extra fun so I dont care to go crazy with these heads. Just wondering what I have. Thanks for any helpful info..
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know what valve springs these are?-valve-spring-1.jpg  

Last edited by Mustangs4Dinner; 11-19-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like a good dual valve spring to me but hard to tell who's it would actually be. Should be good for a decent cam. What size cam are u going with? Could always get someone to check the pressure in those springs to make sure their all still ok?
Old 11-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

I honestly have no idea what I should go with. I want it to be a decent size cam, but not unreliable. Mostly, I want reliable power since I drive this car 5 out of the 7 days a week. Any Suggestions? I was thinking about this :

Comp Cams Xtreme RPM Hydraulic Roller Cam, 216/220 duration with .525/.532 lift and 114 LS

I don't know a whole lot, but a guy I know has 228/235 .550/.550 112 LSA and His car is very noticeable. Cops here in Los Angeles are all over you if your car sounds heavily modified. :-(
Old 11-25-2012, 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats a really small cam. Im not sure what you can get away with over their. Call Geoff at EPS.He has a few that may fit the bill or will custom spec you one.Make sure to tell him your in LA. Allso Martin at tick performance seems to be really good specing a cam. Their are a few others in here that do this as well.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It's for sure a dual spring, I've put an inquiry in to my spring guy as to what kind.

I would be more than happy to help you with your cam selection also. PM sent.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome! Thanks Guys!!!
@ Martin, PM replied to.
Thanks again fellas!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It could be a number of different springs. Do you know when they were installed? Depending on the date, you can likely rule out several currently available valve springs as they would not have been available several years ago. Also, if that spring is a Crane 832, I would replace them.

You should pull a couple of springs and check the stiffness values. Also, if the heads are used I like to lap the valves so that is a perfect opportunity to check the valve springs and the setup.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

They should only be a few years old. I assume they are comp cams because he had a comp cams camshaft and comp cams pushrods with the heads but he kept the cam. I guess I'll have to pull one but I really wanted to just throw them on lol.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mustangs4Dinner
They should only be a few years old. I assume they are comp cams because he had a comp cams camshaft and comp cams pushrods with the heads but he kept the cam. I guess I'll have to pull one but I really wanted to just throw them on lol.
I know the feeling of just wanting to run with it and forget about it, but these are the little details that will make or break your build.

You'd really hate yourself if you didn't check them and ended up with valve float or worse.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone know what valve springs these are?