Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

misfire counts..

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default misfire counts..

so i hada waranty company swap the motor in my car after a rod went 3 weeks after buying it. the shop who did it snaped exhaust bolts in the head which left me with a leak around the headers somewhere. thats not mymain concern though, they also cross threaded cyl #7 spark hole and now the plug doest seem to get in deep enough. they blame me blah blah you know how that goes. Regardless of that its reading cyl 7 misfire on the diablo scanner and its going up to 15 counts after it gets hot and ya rev it a bit. no SES light for a misfire though i only see it in the live data. so how many Counts can it have before i need to be really worried? car drive great and still feels to pull hard, feels like maybe there is some power not being used but it could just be me. i cant hear it misfiring and the motor and car doesnt shake like its missing? any thoughts guys?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd start by fixing #7 first. They sell spark plug taps, of course it had to be one of the rear cylinders. 15 misfires really isn't that much but it still shouldn't be consistently misfiring after it warms up. If its misfiring then something is wrong, get everything to where it should and go from there.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And depending on what plug it is, the cylinder head may have to come off to be fixed.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 11-30-2012, 04:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i #7 drivers side on the firewall. i plan to get a set of 243's soon. just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to kill the motor by driving with it how it is. its my DD so i didnt want to drive around all te time with the misfire if it was gonna kill the motor. so i should be good till i get the new heads right?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would try and figure out the root of the problem as it could be number of things.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Quick Reply: misfire counts..