Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad lifter

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad lifter

Ok motor has maybe 12000 miles on it. It started making a squeek noise. The car didnt idle or drive any different. Well i parked it in fear of possibly causing further damage and now that im back from a deployment i started trying to find the root to the noise what i found first was the intake rocker on 5th cylinder could be pulled up off the valve. pulled the heads and this is what i found with the lifer.

the roller on the lifter was rubbing the rough edges left from the piece that was broke off the lifter causing the noise that pushed me to tearing the car apart other wise id never known there was a issue cause the performace of the car never changed
Old 12-31-2012, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, glad to see you caught it before any worse damaged happened. Those look like stock or LS7 lifters?
Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Teching In

It was an assembled long block from speed inc bought back in 07. I've moved so much and my ex wife threw so much out i lost my build sheets but, if i remember right those are comp lifters. Either way im glade i found them before something really bad happened been looking around at lifter thinking of going with Brian Tooley's SRL lifters. Dont exactly have the money to just throw at it divorces are expensive.

It did scrap up the lobe on the cam so ill be swapping that out.

Quick Reply: bad lifter