Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about heads on my ls1...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about heads on my ls1...

Alight I have a 2001 corvette and I'm wondering if heads are really going to make that big of a difference.... I have never actually built a motor so I'm a little hesitant on forking over that kind of cash for heads.

Anyway the car is a 2001 corvette ls1... the car has a Texas speed ms4 cam already installed along with big long tube headers and slp exhaust. There is a fast 90mm intake, 90mm throttle body sitting in the car waiting to go on... I will also be installing ls7 lifters, s&b cold air intake,34lb injectors and a 100hp shot of nitrous... my question is about heads

Im looking at both the PRC 227cc small bore heads which texas speed recomends for that cam and said I will see 20hp more than the other head I'm looking at.

The second option is the stage one ls6 heads that texas speed also sells....

I am mainly keeping this car a street car with the ocasional trip to the drag strip.

Are heads really worth the money? Will I be impressed with the gains? Is it worth it to buy the PRC heads over the ls6 heads for the 1200$ difference? Can I use the aftermarket springs I already have in my ls1 heads in the ls6 heads?

There is a mach 1 mustang in the area with a procharger running 11.90's launching at 3k rpms..... id really like to just beat him to shut him up! haha

please any suggestions and opinons would be appreciated.

Last edited by spooneralmighty; 01-07-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Question about heads on my ls1...