Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Australia is hard to find what I need

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Australia is hard to find what I need

Hey guys, this site is mostly American oh how I wish I could own my ls1 over there here is Australia it is really really hard to find 243 heads seeing as I would really like to get a set of these has anyone ever sent these over to Australia before for someone over here just a set of 243 head can have a million miles on them just as long as they aren't destroyed ?? Just curious

Cheers Glenn
Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mate you are sounding very whimpish & are setting yourself up for any unscrupulous person to scam you.
I see you are a newby...send a pm or e-mail to either Matt at Texas Speed or Tony at AFR...they are sponsors to the right of the screen.
Failing this, what on earth is wrong with a set of heads from nathan Higgins, apart from the price.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:07 AM
Teching In

Try LS1.com.au

Normally some available
Old 01-08-2013, 07:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

you can use 799 heads also.I know shipping cost is a major problem.consider some ported Texas Speed 5.3 heads,good head for the money.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Teching In

I was just asking if someone like them sell second hand heads and send them over being an apprentice machinist I would like a second hand set so I can recon and fly cut/grind them myself for experience and being able to say at the end as well as doing everything else I have done with my own hands and buying minimal things I did the heads, wasn't looking for some random on here

Cheers Glenn
Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most sponsors can ship anywhere in the world...

Oh and us americans wish we could get your aussie parts
Old 01-08-2013, 01:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any stock heads but for aftermarket parts of any kind we ship worldwide everyday. We ship to Australia usually daily. Thanks! Mike
Old 01-08-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey op, I'm from NZ but just asking...Is Aussie still there? all we see on the news, Aussie map, is fire over the entire country, Ah well soon be winter & the country will be all under water again lol.

Hey all's good, typical Aust v NZ banter, hope you guys get it sorted, I know we have quite a few fire guys heading over to help.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Isnt there any performance shop in australia?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by raysadude
isnt there any performance shop in australia?
duh.....
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
duh.....
Hahahahahaha! Such the right comment, nothing more, nothing less,
Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Teching In

Yeh, there is performance shops here but unless your willing to drop 10 grand plus they don't want to know you I have phoned a few and when asked about the heads they remove when installing head/cam packages the avoid the topic or tell me the second hand ones cost near on more then a set of new ones, now having said that once u spend money with them they turn into really nice people(go figure) have resorted to do absoloutly everything between my father uncle and myself tuning included, just have this plan in my head that I would be able get a set of heads and through trail an error accomplish this great all mighty (ish) plan I have without paying any labour at all on the car so far it has worked great my manual ute (truck as some people call it) will cross the line down the quarter before autos with dyno sheets of up to 340 rwhp with cam etc and I have yet opened my utes motor had this bright idea maybe some shop over in the states would be able to help me out I may just have to resort to sticking a brand new set on
Old 01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
duh.....
what? i honestly don't know
Old 01-11-2013, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Glenno108
Yeh, there is performance shops here but unless your willing to drop 10 grand plus they don't want to know you I have phoned a few and when asked about the heads they remove when installing head/cam packages the avoid the topic or tell me the second hand ones cost near on more then a set of new ones, now having said that once u spend money with them they turn into really nice people(go figure) have resorted to do absoloutly everything between my father uncle and myself tuning included, just have this plan in my head that I would be able get a set of heads and through trail an error accomplish this great all mighty (ish) plan I have without paying any labour at all on the car so far it has worked great my manual ute (truck as some people call it) will cross the line down the quarter before autos with dyno sheets of up to 340 rwhp with cam etc and I have yet opened my utes motor had this bright idea maybe some shop over in the states would be able to help me out I may just have to resort to sticking a brand new set on
i see. try to call ws6store, they helped me several times.

i can help you with the shipping if you want, you can find used parts here in the states. i have friends in melb so if you want you can get in touch with them and figure something out.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by raysadude
i see. try to call ws6store, they helped me several times.

i can help you with the shipping if you want, you can find used parts here in the states. i have friends in melb so if you want you can get in touch with them and figure something out.
Well there you go OP!

Off topic! Hey raysadude...you sure have me grinning about Perf shops in Aust.
In some cases they are even more advanced than some State side, mostly they are at the same level of knowledge & skill at engine builds etc.
Here in Auckland NZ we have four main decent tuning shops.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Launching!

I would love an ute or ssv. Also LOVE the 70's austraillian muscle. Tried ebay? Lol i just picked up a set of 799s for my dad. Are there any austraillian lsx parts that are hard to come by in the us?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Also, why do you need 243s just to practice porting?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Going to deck the 243s and just put them on with a little more compression agter all compresion is cheap horse power then practice on the 241s I take off and a set of 853s I already have, my step father actually lives in Houston (no idea where that is on regards to everything else) I can get stuff shipped to him then he will ship it over I just have no idea where to start looking for common places to find 2nd hand things
Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 AM
Teching In

Glenno108 i sent you a link last night for a set of 243's, did you get them??
Old 01-12-2013, 05:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Glenno108
Hey guys, this site is mostly American oh how I wish I could own my ls1 over there here is Australia it is really really hard to find 243 heads seeing as I would really like to get a set of these has anyone ever sent these over to Australia before for someone over here just a set of 243 head can have a million miles on them just as long as they aren't destroyed ?? Just curious

Cheers Glenn
I see how u feel bro I also have the same problem at least u guys in Australia actualy build ls engines and some of ur cares such as lumina and holden are powered with ls engines but where am from qe have to get them shipped oversees from america so its very expensive some times I would have to pay double the amount of the part just for shipping. And most webs aren't doing international shipping . So am limited into only some website. But just cause a fan off muscle cars I pay and pay to keep the streets powerd with Ls powerd cars . Saying the truth I trust Americans and even I pay more but at the end american parts are worth every penny .

Quick Reply: Australia is hard to find what I need