Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Cam for my set up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Cam for my set up?

Yup, another on of those threads... Sorry.

I was thinking about changing my cam while I have the engine pulled out.
About to drop the engine out to install Patriot Stage 3 LS1 Heads, and a P1SC Procharger kit.

Car is currently running a Texas Speed 228R cam. 228/228 588/588 with a 112LSA. Also has a FAST 90 Intake and a FAST 90 TB. Kooks long tubes, full 3inch exhaust. Probably going to keep the 3.42 gears in it. Stock bottom end as well.

I like the TSP 228R cam, but is there a better choice to go with that will help out the Procharger? I don't really care how it sounds, or how good the drivability is, since its just my weekend warrior/track toy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyB0bby
Yup, another on of those threads... Sorry.

I was thinking about changing my cam while I have the engine pulled out.
About to drop the engine out to install Patriot Stage 3 LS1 Heads, and a P1SC Procharger kit.

Car is currently running a Texas Speed 228R cam. 228/228 588/588 with a 112LSA. Also has a FAST 90 Intake and a FAST 90 TB. Kooks long tubes, full 3inch exhaust. Probably going to keep the 3.42 gears in it. Stock bottom end as well.

I like the TSP 228R cam, but is there a better choice to go with that will help out the Procharger? I don't really care how it sounds, or how good the drivability is, since its just my weekend warrior/track toy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
I don't think Stage 3 heads are for LS1 bore, you should go with a blower cam like this one: http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...1-ls6-engines/ You can talk to Martin@Tick and he'll tell you straight forward what is best for your set up. He has a thread here in the internal section.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ronny_02_WS6
I don't think Stage 3 heads are for LS1 bore, you should go with a blower cam like this one: http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...1-ls6-engines/ You can talk to Martin@Tick and he'll tell you straight forward what is best for your set up. He has a thread here in the internal section.
Thank you for the info! I did a little research before I bought these and they should work. In the strange chance they don't though I'm sure I can sell them for a little more than I paid for them.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyB0bby
Thank you for the info! I did a little research before I bought these and they should work. In the strange chance they don't though I'm sure I can sell them for a little more than I paid for them.
Well, do some more research, I'm not sure though but I'm sure somebody will jump in with any experience with those heads. Here's a thread about it: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...ock-346-a.html but then with bigger valves you should run a smaller cam like 224/228 or so.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ronny_02_WS6
Well, do some more research, I'm not sure though but I'm sure somebody will jump in with any experience with those heads. Here's a thread about it: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...ock-346-a.html but then with bigger valves you should run a smaller cam like 224/228 or so.
I researched them based on the stamp info on them, not what they were claimed to be. They are LS1 Heads, and not stage 3's, with upgraded internals.
They are for LS1 bore. My bad

Still got them for a killer deal, and no doubt they will be better that the ported 806's I have on there now.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Talk to Martin @tick performance he will tell u the BEST cam for your set up!! Or shoot him an email. But he will prolly chime in soon, he is all over this site! YO MARTIN!

Quick Reply: Best Cam for my set up?