Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torquer v2 cam pushrod length?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torquer v2 cam pushrod length?

Trying to find out what pushrod length to use with Texas Speed Torquer V2 232/234 .595"/.598" on 112 lsa. I have a 2002 trans am with bolt on's.I will be useing the stock 241 heads, stock rocker arms, and pac 1518 springs.

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

7.4's will "probably" work, but the ONLY way to do it properly is to measure with an adjustable rod/checker tool. I got one for about $20. You simply can't guarantee that it will be right without checking. You could have two supposedly identical setups with the same components and end up with different push rod lengths. If you are only off by a little bit the car will probably run fine with a noisy valvetrain. If you are off by more than a little and exceed the pre-load variance of the lifters you can damage your engine. If it makes you feel better I have the same cam and the 7.4's worked with mine and I have minimal noise, but even if you get 10 people to say they worked with their engine you still need to check. The type of lifters and any milling on the heads will also affect this, so having the same cam is only one factor. Hope that helps.

-Ed

Quick Reply: torquer v2 cam pushrod length?