Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the flow?

Old 04-14-2013, 04:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's the flow?

Has anyone had their 241 heads cnc
Ported by Texas speed shop ? I am just wanting to know what flow figures their cnc program produces on 241's???
Old 04-14-2013, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

why not ask a meaningful question like "what kind of performance has been had with???????????"

Flow numbers are more marketing tool, bad shops inflate them for sales and good shops post them mostly because they know most folks will fixate on them but NOBODY with a clue will tell you flow numbers are the measure of a head.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
why not ask a meaningful question like "what kind of performance has been had with???????????"

Flow numbers are more marketing tool, bad shops inflate them for sales and good shops post them mostly because they know most folks will fixate on them but NOBODY with a clue will tell you flow numbers are the measure of a head.

I can not agree enough, I have seen some smaller speed shops that will remain anonymous in my area give some numbers that we so far from what the real head was flowing it was almost a crime. Go buy what the head makes on the dyno and 1/4, don't get caught up in flow numbers to much.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I asked Texas speed if they'd do mine and its the same program they run on the 2.5 5.3 head. After all the cost was added up ud do better just buying the new 2.5 5.3 head. It's gonna cost about the same unless you already have springs and stuff. I would imagine performance would be close to the same as the 5.3 head minus a little bit because the 5.3 head should have a little more compression.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's the flow?