Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tick Cams

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Tick Cams

I'm looking for help on cam selection and would like input from folks who may have used these cams. I did a search but nobody seems to have commented on them, both are from Tick Performance. The first cam is the Street Heat Stage 1 and the second is the SNS torqueMAX stage 1 (milder lobe). I found plenty of info on the SNS TM stage 2 but nothing on the stage 1. Any help on performance, longevity etc. on either of these would be great. Thanks.

Danno74z
Old 05-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Martin@tick has a thread in here somehwere where you can contact him directly and ask him about all of his cams his customer service is VERY good from what ive seen.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...rformance.html
Old 05-04-2013, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

He will help you out no doubt he answered all of my stupid questions.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ws6ick2k
he will help you out no doubt he answered all of my stupid questions.
+++++1
Old 05-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks - I went through all 18 pages of that link but unless I missed it nobody here on this board has commented on using the cams I'm interested in. Like I mentioned, there are many who have installed the SNS stage 2 cam and have posted dyno graphs and sound clips but nothing on the 2 smaller cams. So, I can read about the cams and get the stats but what I'm really after is actual installations and evaluations. Thanks

Danno74Z
Old 05-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Be patient, I'm sure monday he'll see this post and answer your questions! Give him a quick pm with a heads up on what you're looking for!!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Martin is pretty easy to work with. Was with my setup. Funny how since I have bought this cam and dealing with transmission issues or something of the other Martin was the one answering the phone every time lol. So have talked to him pretty easily lately. It is the weekend and sometimes the vendors look on here, but it also a break from it all, considering they work late nights. He will get with you if you have reached out to get his attention.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just go to his other post and ask. Martin is on there all the time and he is a damn genius from what I have seen/heard. And he knows he has a good size customer base here and he is a good businessman do he will answer all your questions.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whats your setup/mods? Goals? DD or drag/street/weekend car?
A4 or M6
Old 05-05-2013, 01:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I think the reason you didnt see anything in the other thread mentioned about the cams your interested in is because they havent sold many/if at all for our applications yet. I remember Martin saying he sold a few of torquemax stage 1's but they were going in trucks.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Teching In

I think mac62989 is correct about about the number of Stage 1 cams that are out there. To me based on my search few if any smaller Stage 1 cams are in cars as most opt for the Stage 2 SNS or Stage 3 performance levels. In my particular case, I don't need a Stage 2/3 cam in either the SNS or SH. I was curious on what the real world results were for the smaller cams in these profiles. I figured there are hundreds if not thousands of LS1TECH members doing cam swaps all the time and was hoping somebody installed a smaller cam and has dyno results. I can read about "engine dyno" results all day about cams as the magazines are full of them just about every month. I find them just an interesting read but not very practical.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 05-05-2013, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Well keep in mind those cams havent even been out 6 months I dont think. Like you, I'm more interested in the smaller variations of them but I bugged Martin a lot about dyno #'s for them so if they were out he would of updated something. Once he chimes in he can tell you first hand because he didnt only design the cams, he sells them like crazy.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Very sorry it's taking me so long lately to answer all of these questions on the board. I have not had the time in the past 3 months to browse these sections like I used to! If I don't get notified by the keyword alert I have set up for Tick Performance, or I don't get PM'd/emailed I miss a lot of new and exciting things on here! I pride myself on our customer service and it's fallen to the wayside lately and for that I do apologize. I am getting 10x the amount of emails and PM's as I did a few months ago and it's been a rough time trying to keep everyone happy, working 12 hours a day and getting some sleep in between! LOL

ANYWAYS! I have not had one customer install a SNS Stage 1 into a F-body or any car for that matter. All of them have gone in lifted trucks, dune buggy style off-road vehicles and I even have 2 SNS Stage 1 camshafts in rock crawlers. The only problem is those guys don't care about dynos or racing LOL! I just get information like, "it's using more fuel in our fuel map or it feels great over the stock cam!

If I had some imperative data to share that had some real world results to go with it you guys would be and will be the first to know!

The TM Stg. 2 really is an awesome all around camshaft which is why so many opt for the Stg. 2. It hits a lick at idle that everyone wants whether they admit it or not, has consistently made 420-430rwtq in stock stroke 3.89-4.0" bore engines(no not horsepower TORQUE) with CNC ported heads and pulls like a freight train all the way to 6700rpm. How can you go wrong with something like that?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Hi Martin,

Thank you for replying to my original question/link. It's a little sad nobody has ordered a SNS stage 1 for their F-body - maybe me, but I have to admit I'm a bit of a chicken You mentioned in a previous link (Sorry I can't remember which one as they start to blur together) about "issues" with the higher lift cams and you were looking into it. I believe it was related to noise and lifter failure. I have been studying GM's OEM cams and everyone for the LS engines stays below .600 lift. I'm not saying this is good or bad but just an observation. Something happens beyond this level of lift and naturally it is a trade off I'm sure - Emissions, idle, power or a combination. Always is. I might have to order a custom cam - imagine that!

Quick Reply: New Tick Cams