Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 ls1 try to start up and backfires through egr and will not run

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 ls1 try to start up and backfires through egr and will not run

Thank for everyones time first I just started working at a shop and have been working on this car and have been having this same problem for a while.
So my problem is when you go to start the car it just backfires through the egr on the intake and wont run whats so ever I have color coded the coil packs car is in time new plugs and wires I swear I have done everything and im stuck. I have went through these forums everyday searching and found alot of stuff they did wrong and I fixed so im hoping to get this thing started today. Boss said he would burn the tires to the rim if it started today so im trying extra hard if you need to know any further stuff I. I have done just lmk I on my cell phone in front pf the car
Old 05-16-2013, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by oleblakerogers
Thank for everyones time first I just started working at a shop and have been working on this car and have been having this same problem for a while.
So my problem is when you go to start the car it just backfires through the egr on the intake and wont run whats so ever I have color coded the coil packs car is in time new plugs and wires I swear I have done everything and im stuck. I have went through these forums everyday searching and found alot of stuff they did wrong and I fixed so im hoping to get this thing started today. Boss said he would burn the tires to the rim if it started today so im trying extra hard if you need to know any further stuff I. I have done just lmk I on my cell phone in front pf the car
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...back-fire.html

post number 18. try that and see what it does
Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 PM

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...tor-wheel.html

maybe the reluctor wheel is the culprit. although i would hope not.

Quick Reply: 1998 ls1 try to start up and backfires through egr and will not run