Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build critique?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Build critique?

So I ordered a bunch of parts today, wondering if y'all wanna give me some input.
-Futral F13 on 112
-I have a crate ls6 motor so I didn't get an oil pump
-BTR platinum kit with steel retainers (because it will be a street car)
-monster stage 2 with a tick master
-I was thinking of getting some injectors and a pump, maybe the blue demon 3's from FIC and a 255 and call it quits.
-As far as pushrods go, I'll wait till the install to buy them and measure first.
-Didn't buy lifters as I felt the stock ones are not even 15k miles old, that they would be okay, not to mention I have the lightweight valves and pretty light valve springs so I shouldn't put too much pressure on them.

I will be taking it to Pat G for the tune hopefully so lets see if this thing is gonna be daily driveable, I've had only one experience with a cammed car and that was my last motor with the MS4 that chewed up a spring and dropped a valve which led to the crate LS6 now. The car makes 400 rwhp and 390 rwtq as she sits, any guesses on what she'll dyno?
Old 05-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Should be fine. The F13 lobes aren't going to kill the valvetrain either.

Clutch looks good.

BTR kit with the steel retainers dont really add much durability. You can talk to Tooley about that as he's stated it before. Not enough to be concerned at least. But the weight of the ST retainers is pretty light as well, so no harm there (and it's cheaper).

LS6 crate should be fine with the lifters and oil pump.

I bought Bosch EV14 injectors from FIC. They are a good company though they haven't gotten back to me on the tune files for the injectors. I guess I'll have to give them a call.

Btw, where did you get the LS6 crate?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great choice with Patrick, you're in good hands!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Should be fine. The F13 lobes aren't going to kill the valvetrain either.

Clutch looks good.

BTR kit with the steel retainers dont really add much durability. You can talk to Tooley about that as he's stated it before. Not enough to be concerned at least. But the weight of the ST retainers is pretty light as well, so no harm there (and it's cheaper).

LS6 crate should be fine with the lifters and oil pump.

I bought Bosch EV14 injectors from FIC. They are a good company though they haven't gotten back to me on the tune files for the injectors. I guess I'll have to give them a call.

Btw, where did you get the LS6 crate?
Scoggin dickey years ago when my old ls1 dropped a valve because the MS4 chewed an intake spring. See I was thinking about that with the files and might just send mine in to be rebuilt. I just changed my car from true duals with xr1's at the axle to an ORY and borla catback and it already feels slower, I know it doesn't flow as good but damn. I'm hoping the cam is gonna give this thing the kick in the ***** it needs. Futral said 10 days for the cam last week so we'll see.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RezinTexas
Great choice with Patrick, you're in good hands!
He's the best from what I hear, I'm hoping he can tune this thing and make it not buck and run smooth with ac.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You wont be dissapointed with his work.

Quick Reply: Build critique?