Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 valley cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ls1 valley cover

I was changing out my knock sensors today due to a p0327 code low knock sensor voltage I had been getting recently. No problems pulling the intake but when I went to pull the front knock sensor it just snapped, literally very little force to snap the bitch! So try my easy outs and broke two of the bastards, first one i was able to remove but this second one was larger and it got a pretty good bite. This ever appen to any of you out there? So instead of continuing to try and mess with this thing I'm thinking I should just buy another alley cover and gasket and switch out the whole deal. Does any one still sell the OEM LS1 valley cover? I checked sponsors but only gaskets came up.

Thanks in advance
Jason
Old 05-28-2013, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ebay is your friend peace
Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Damn! Never mind, I don't know WTF I was thinking, but the knock sensor screws into the block! I don't know WTF I'm gonna do now.

Any suggestion?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

post up a picture, let's see what you've got going on
Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

All good now! Just drilled out the broken off remainder of the knock sensor after I broke off the easy out. After some drilling the easy out loosened and I was able to get it out. After drilling the hole out I just ran a thread chaser and then I was able to get the new knock sensor to bite enough to torque it 18ft/lbs.

Thanks for the interest in helping out, thankfully it didn't get any worse or I was gonna trailer the bitch to a machine shop!

Jason
Old 05-29-2013, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad it worked out, funny how some of the smallest things can turn into big problems in a hurry.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ckpitt55
Glad it worked out, funny how some of the smallest things can turn into big problems in a hurry.
Yeah, absolutely! Thanks again for the interest in helping though. BTW, that's a pretty sweet build you got going on there. I read through it last night. You happy with the L.A.W. machine shop down by West Newton?

Quick Reply: Ls1 valley cover