Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel lines and fittings

Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel lines and fittings

Guys,

Building '56 ford f100 with 2003 LS/LQ4, What are the best fittings and fuel lines to use I this set-up.

FYi: TICK CAM,SPRINGS,PUSH RODS,HEADERS, HOPING TO GET 475+HP WITH THE RIGHT TUNE ??????
Old 07-24-2013, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They make adapters that convert the stock fuel line quick disconnect to an AN fitting...if you have the $ AN fittings and fuel line are the way to go...
Old 07-24-2013, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get this one

http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/644000/10002/-1

do not get the one from them with the stock style metal retaining clips. there have been several incidences i've seen of swapped cars having the fitting pop off the rail and hosing the bay down in fuel.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea those Russell's fittings are the way to go, def worth the $
Old 07-24-2013, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best is subjective. You may want to post and search through the conversions and hybrids section. There are alot of different ways to do the same thing.

I bought the Russel fittings with threaded inserts to convert SAE 3/8 and SAE 5/16 to -6 AN and the Corvette combo fuel filter / regulator. I'm running -6 teflon lined braided stainless lines with steel JIC fittings crimped on the ends from front to back. Cost wise the crimped stainless teflon line and JIC fittings were within $10 of piecing together DIY stuff on my own from Summit / Jegs.

I contemplated brazing JIC fittings onto all the hard fuel lines (fuel rail) but decided I would rather have the adapter at the fuel rail because the adapters allow the hose to rotate relative to the hard line, and that keeps any strain from occurring due to rotation. I am using -6 AN steel plugs with holes milled in them and brazing them to my fuel pump assembly lines, because it is the simplest solution on a Mustang without spending extra money on a new fuel pump assembly.

If you are asking size wise, a 3/8 line will be plenty.

Lots of people use either the Nylon repair kits or hard line bent to fit with appropriate fittings. It all just depends on what you are most comfortable with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel lines and fittings