Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help identifying this piece Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identifying this piece Please

Hello tech Im in need of a little help I have tried researching this but am not sure what to type but I think it may be the steam vent tube but not sure. and I am clueless to were it goes so please help thanks so much
Attached Thumbnails Help identifying this piece Please-ls1.jpg  
Old 08-04-2013, 06:58 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep. Goes to lower nipple under the cap on the radiator. Top nipple goes to the overflow tank.

If I were you I'd bypass the entire TB coolant passage though and run a 3/8 heater hose from the bottom nipple of the radiator all the way to the steam vent itself. AKA a "free mod"
Old 08-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Teching In

great thanks a bunch
Old 08-05-2013, 05:33 AM
The Scammer Hammer

You can cap the two lower ports on the TB if you want to, but you don't HAVE to. No reason to have hot coolant going through the TB and robbing you of cooler air and HP.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
You can cap the two lower ports on the TB if you want to, but you don't HAVE to. No reason to have hot coolant going through the TB and robbing you of cooler air and HP.
Ok and this I was curious the top nipple is running under the battery and the bottom one is already running to something on the otherside of the tb ill post pics. and run a heater hose directly to the steam vent sounds fine but I may need a little help on were it is located thanks a bunch. sorry for the newbie status haha.
Attached Thumbnails Help identifying this piece Please-ls111.jpg   Help identifying this piece Please-ls1111.jpg  
Old 08-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by formulapefection
Ok and this I was curious the top nipple is running under the battery and the bottom one is already running to something on the otherside of the tb ill post pics. and run a heater hose directly to the steam vent sounds fine but I may need a little help on were it is located thanks a bunch. sorry for the newbie status haha.
the first picture is were the bottom nipple is running to and the second is the hoses under the radiator cap itself.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:08 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Good deal; Throttle body bypass is already done.

As for the two nipples on the bottom of the throttle body, you can cap them if you want. There's really no need to though. Completely up to you.

Quick Reply: Help identifying this piece Please