Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I feel like an idiot.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I feel like an idiot.....

So as some of you may notice I have been all over the forums for the past 9 months hunting down a misfire... so about a month ago I did a visual once over of all the wires in the engine bay... I Have unplugged the MAF.. anyways the part I feel like an idiot for.

So I got my friend to look at it the other night he has some experience with the LS series he tells me from what it looks like in the past he's seen fuel injectors, coils , or spark plugs... so I went with the cheapest being spark plugs... so morale of the story... check the wires physically next time... two of my spark plug wires were barely on and my car now runs full power once again. *facepalms*

Anyways I am happy to finally have my car back to its perfect running condition again and hopefully make it to the track before summer ends.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love cheap/easy fixes!....most every car guy has been there and done the same type of stuff, whether they admit or not is another thing lol...good luck at the track bro
Old 08-15-2013, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wildcamaro
I love cheap/easy fixes!....most every car guy has been there and done the same type of stuff, whether they admit or not is another thing lol...good luck at the track bro
Thanks I will.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there done that, it does feel nice that it was something so simple but then I pretty much slap myself for passing something so simple up.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Lol we've all been there. Glad you found the problem, even better that it was a free fix!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Always good to have some fresh eyes take a look at something...
Old 08-15-2013, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SOHCNightmare
Lol we've all been there. Glad you found the problem, even better that it was a free fix!
Wasn't free two hours of labour because I had my dad's friend do it at his shop :'( I didn't have the time haven't slept in 2 days. But hey that was the spark plugs and he encountered the real problem and fixed it:p
Old 08-15-2013, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yea I was lost for about 2 weeks couldn't figure out why I was getting a misfire the coil wires on passenger side was flipped lol I redid the cam and everything like 3 times for it to only be the damn coil wire, Happy you got it running

Quick Reply: I feel like an idiot.....