Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YellaTerra Rocker to Head Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YellaTerra Rocker to Head Clearance

Have a buddy's car Im working on that using the YT 1.7:1 rockers on stock LQ9 heads. The heads havent been clearanced for the rockers, but they appear to clear. I used a feeler gauge to check the clearance between the rocker and the side of the head, and through the entire motion (rotated crank by hand) they have about .004 to .005 clearance. Is this enough or will we run into issues down the road at high load/rpm? Ive attached a couple pictures for reference.
Attached Thumbnails YellaTerra Rocker to Head Clearance-ytrocker1.jpg   YellaTerra Rocker to Head Clearance-ytrocker2.jpg   YellaTerra Rocker to Head Clearance-ytrocker3.jpg  
Old 08-24-2013, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting, I personally think that is a litte tight for them JMO. I will be doing the same thing as soon as my new heads arive, I was told by several that I would have plenty of clearence with my heads TFS but I have never heard exactly what a acceptable dimension is.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that is pretty close ,expect some valve train deflection at higher rpms.have you shimmed the rockers for proper valve tip swipe pattern ?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, ended up needing one .040 shim under each pedestal. Pushrods and preload were adjusted accordingly. Still waiting to hear back from YT and Texas Speed as to what they think about the clearance... Anyone else care to chime in?

Quick Reply: YellaTerra Rocker to Head Clearance