Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing LS1 In my 67 Chevy truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing LS1 In my 67 Chevy truck

So... here it goes. I'm not a professional so if you have any advice or think I'm missing something by all means i would love for advice. Ive been debating for a really long time what i should install in my truck. I ended up buying an LS Engine on Craigslist awhile back. cast block number is 12559378. on summit racing it says it is a 99-2000 block either out of a Corvette, Camaro, Firebird. here is the link i got on previous forums. has numbers on the heads that say 853. https://summitracing.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/44974/
so for 150 bucks i got the engine. was going to take it apart and put new seals bearings and assembly lube since its been sitting. I don't have a huge budget so i was going to stick with the same manual t-5 i have in it. from what Ive read in the forums i KNOW its not a good trans but for my budget it will have to work. I know there is a spacer that goes between the engine and that trans. i know about the metal fuel lines but i planned on buying the carb conversion kit instead of installing all the fuel injection stuff and wiring. you can also buy that conversion on summit racing. I'm installing a new front end because i know the engine has to sit a bit lower than the standard 350 and the springs have to be changed because of the weight difference of the engine. I have a 72 front end with disk brakes because the motor mount towers are different than my original 67. the 72 has the metal mounts and the 67 relys on the rubber. Other than upgrading the fuel lines i have a standard electric fuel pump. I don't have the water pump or any accessories yet but i plan on getting them in the next day or so. Since the motor only pushes about 350 hp i was planning on changing the cam and try to push over 400, i would like to have 450 RWHP but ill have to do more research for that. i know changing the heads to LS6 heads and a LS6 cam would definitely achieve that but I'm staying budget on this one.

I really liked this guy staying in budge. here is his thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...de-1500-a.html
Attached Thumbnails Installing LS1 In my 67 Chevy truck-20130828_160741-480x360-.jpg   Installing LS1 In my 67 Chevy truck-20130828_160751-480x360-.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

try the conversion forum???

Quick Reply: Installing LS1 In my 67 Chevy truck