Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues starting after intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues starting after intake manifold

Hopefully this is the last thread I'll need asking for help for awhile. I picked up a typhoon 96mm combo pretty cheap and threw them on about a week ago. Had an issue with the valley cover bolts causing the manifold to leak, so I ordered some new ones that came in today. Before I pulled the manifold back off the car would start just fine and rev like crazy because of the leak. Always shut it off as soon as it did. Anyways, swapped the bolts out today and reinstalled everything and the car won't start period. It does turn over, and it sounds to me like it's turning over faster than it should. Either way, there's fuel in the rails, pulled them out to release the pressure and check. Everything looks like it's hooked up. No visual discrepencies. I'm going to go pull the plugs and see if they're soaked in fuel or anything along those lines, but I'm ultimately stumped for the time being. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks again!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G04T
Hopefully this is the last thread I'll need asking for help for awhile. I picked up a typhoon 96mm combo pretty cheap and threw them on about a week ago. Had an issue with the valley cover bolts causing the manifold to leak, so I ordered some new ones that came in today. Before I pulled the manifold back off the car would start just fine and rev like crazy because of the leak. Always shut it off as soon as it did. Anyways, swapped the bolts out today and reinstalled everything and the car won't start period. It does turn over, and it sounds to me like it's turning over faster than it should. Either way, there's fuel in the rails, pulled them out to release the pressure and check. Everything looks like it's hooked up. No visual discrepencies. I'm going to go pull the plugs and see if they're soaked in fuel or anything along those lines, but I'm ultimately stumped for the time being. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks again!
I know you said that you've checked all the connections but I would double check the one going to the coils. I've forgotten to plug them in before and it left me scratching my head for a few minutes.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, please check the bank 1 and bank 2 coils are plugged in. Make sure the knock sensors are plugged in and you have no leaks. Motors are simple when it comes to firing them its air, fuel, and spark.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Alright, I slept on it and went back out. Gave it the visual once over and everything appears to be plugged in. Both banks are plugged in and all the sensors look good. It still sounds like it's turning over faster than it should. I'm gonna run into to the Zone today and grab a noid light to see if it's actually firing all the way around. But I did notice the dreaded fuel gauge error after it was cranking for a minute, and I did see my Trac Off warning pop up, too. I had my battery die during the installation and was getting both of those, so I don't think it's the BCM. I replaced the battery and didn't see either warning until now. But it's also only after allowing the motor to crank for more than 10 to 15 seconds.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Teching In

After picking up a noid light, I'm not getting any pulse from any of the injectors. I haven't made it to testing for spark yet, however. Gonna start doing my research, but hopefully someone here could lend some good ideas. Thanks again.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Sorry for the double post, my phone won't let me edit. I checked for spark and everything checked out. Spark all the way around. I checked the sensors behind the intake just below the brake booster and everything feels snug. I am getting constant voltage of 12v at the injector as well.

Last edited by G04T; 09-07-2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Woo. Got it to work.

Quick Reply: Issues starting after intake manifold