Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Futral F16 or Godzilla jr? Stock headed ls1

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futral F16 or Godzilla jr? Stock headed ls1

Alright guys about to start rebuilding an ls1 for my 88 rx7. I was looking to see if anyone has ran either of these cams on a stock head ls1. The motor will have an ls6 intake, tb, forged I beam rods with rod bolts of course, and either cam will get the install kit from futral with the springs and such. Stock or stock type forged piston. We're just rebuilding it and throwing in some scat i beams to give it some rpm endurance. Just wondering if anyone had any experience or numbers for either. It will be a stalled 4l60e and the rear has 4.10 gearing. Car is a fun beater.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96ssindeed
Alright guys about to start rebuilding an ls1 for my 88 rx7. I was looking to see if anyone has ran either of these cams on a stock head ls1. The motor will have an ls6 intake, tb, forged I beam rods with rod bolts of course, and either cam will get the install kit from futral with the springs and such. Stock or stock type forged piston. We're just rebuilding it and throwing in some scat i beams to give it some rpm endurance. Just wondering if anyone had any experience or numbers for either. It will be a stalled 4l60e and the rear has 4.10 gearing. Car is a fun beater.
Never ran either cam, but if I was in your shoes I would port the stock heads whatever you have and run a ported EFI super victor Jr and use lightweight hollow stem intake valves with a quality lifter and properly matched springs and spin that thing 7400 plus. If your little light car is not really low 10s or high 9s your doing something wrong.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Always2Slow
Never ran either cam, but if I was in your shoes I would port the stock heads whatever you have and run a ported EFI super victor Jr and use lightweight hollow stem intake valves with a quality lifter and properly matched springs and spin that thing 7400 plus. If your little light car is not really low 10s or high 9s your doing something wrong.
Thanks for the suggestions. Whichever way I go I'm gonna use futrals kit with matched valvetrain and get some good lifters. The car will be driven but its a toy so I can be aggressive with it. Haven't thought about a vic jr, I was eventually gonna do heads and a fast setup.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

By the way, are you talking about the efi super victor or efi victor jr?
Old 10-15-2013, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96ssindeed
By the way, are you talking about the efi super victor or efi victor jr?
I am talking about the super victor. I wouldn't bother with the fast intake for many reasons, let alone the cost is much higher. Either cam you will get don't know the specs but if they are large or considered a max effort cam they should be fine. I wouldn't however buy the generic cam kit. I would run 3/8" pushrods and modify the heads accordingly and buy a proper dual spring like the BTR sprnigs with titanium retainers. BTR hydraulic lifters are a must at the minimum if not Morels. You don't need thousand of dollars in heads to go fast, but you do need the supporting parts to be good and setup properly.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

I'd do the Godzilla Jr... It's a beast and designed for a max effort 346.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Always2Slow
I am talking about the super victor. I wouldn't bother with the fast intake for many reasons, let alone the cost is much higher. Either cam you will get don't know the specs but if they are large or considered a max effort cam they should be fine. I wouldn't however buy the generic cam kit. I would run 3/8" pushrods and modify the heads accordingly and buy a proper dual spring like the BTR sprnigs with titanium retainers. BTR hydraulic lifters are a must at the minimum if not Morels. You don't need thousand of dollars in heads to go fast, but you do need the supporting parts to be good and setup properly.
Alright cool. Thanks for all the info. I'm thinking of getting the stock heads ported out. Decided to wait right taxes for the top end so ill figure it out by then. I appreciate the help.

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
I'd do the Godzilla Jr... It's a beast and designed for a max effort 346.
That's what I'm leaning to

Quick Reply: Futral F16 or Godzilla jr? Stock headed ls1