Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 oil and liquid in intake runners on heads pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 oil and liquid in intake runners on heads pics

Long story short I picked up an almost complete 5.3 for 200 bucks off a guy who barely spoke English. The thing was pretty nasty and oily and he said that he already pressure washed it. I got it home and started stripping it down to swap on my ls1 intake manifold and accessories and found this under the intake manifold. What do you guys think? Its definitely way oilier than any ls series motor I've worked on and I have no clue how there could be liquid in there.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Elledge12
Long story short I picked up an almost complete 5.3 for 200 bucks off a guy who barely spoke English. The thing was pretty nasty and oily and he said that he already pressure washed it. I got it home and started stripping it down to swap on my ls1 intake manifold and accessories and found this under the intake manifold. What do you guys think? Its definitely way oilier than any ls series motor I've worked on and I have no clue how there could be liquid in there.
There's your answer.

OR

It's been sitting outside and that's rain water. If he did actually pressure wash it he didn't do a very good job.

Quick Reply: 5.3 oil and liquid in intake runners on heads pics