Old 12-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 240sx Ls1 swap, coils/injectors not getting power

Car: 96 240sx
Engine: 1999 Camaro SS
Tranny: t-56
PCM/harness: OEM

So i have completed my entire swap, and cant get fuel or spark while the engine is turning over.

Its a track car so i just am running a switch panel

switch for the starter
switch for the fuel pump
power to the (2) 12v PCM wire (orange)
power to the IGN PCM wire (pink)
Ground the (4) ground wires (black)
Flashed the PCM for Security theft (VATS), EGR and EVAP

Only codes i'm reading is ERG and EVAP sensors.
Otherwise everything else is plugged and should be working.
Crank, MAf, Mas, o2, etc all getting voltages.
Engine is also well grounded

The coils are not getting power on any wire, all four are readying grounds (some pulsing) while engine turning over.
Also the injectors are only getting a ground pulse signal, no power on the other wire.

Why is the PCM not sending power to the Coils/Injectors?
Did i forget to wire something up?
Old 12-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Staging Lane

Vats. Get vats tuned out.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

The injectors don't get power from the PCM. They need to be powered from relays fuses. I don't know about the rest without looking at the schematics...I suggest you find a set and start proper wiring. You will need relays and fuses to power the circuits.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98WhiteLsX
Vats. Get vats tuned out.
Its already been turned off.

Originally Posted by RockinWs6
The injectors don't get power from the PCM. They need to be powered from relays fuses. I don't know about the rest without looking at the schematics...I suggest you find a set and start proper wiring. You will need relays and fuses to power the circuits.
Ive read through a few threads of people that have swapped this motor, the stock harness is pretty much a standalone, there are people runnings these things w/o fuse boxes, only fuse im using is to the PCM.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

before I swapped in a painless harness in, I used the factory harness and used relays to power the fans, coils, and injectors, ecm supplies ground to turn them on, should be an efi relay on donor car wire schematic, and the painless harness came with relays on it, ecm isnt going to supply power to the injectors, you dont have to use the ecm signal to turn relay on you can use a switched ignition, but after car kept shutting off for no reason i intalled the painless harness so my 2 cents might not be worth crap
Old 12-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nissan LS240
before I swapped in a painless harness in, I used the factory harness and used relays to power the fans, coils, and injectors, ecm supplies ground to turn them on, should be an efi relay on donor car wire schematic, and the painless harness came with relays on it, ecm isnt going to supply power to the injectors, you dont have to use the ecm signal to turn relay on you can use a switched ignition, but after car kept shutting off for no reason i intalled the painless harness so my 2 cents might not be worth crap
Thanks that makes more sense, do you know where/what plug in the harness the fuse box goes into?

Wish i had the money for painless stuff, maybe later on, i just want to hear it run.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Teching In

I don't have any advice for you. I just wana say that is gna be an awesome ride man!! That much power in a 3000 lb car is crazy. I had an 89 240sx back in the mid 90's, bored sleeved, full machine work done, forged everything, Jim wolf cam, ported heads, and a custom turbo kit with a pretty big T3/T4 ball bearing turbo. Beast I got out of the motor was 478 to the ground at 20psi. I still had the American engine. Bored to 2.5 liters.

Then I wisened up and went with LS powered cars only. Good luck man!!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Teching In

This one should easily weigh under 2700 even with the 115 ft of pipe and v8 i put in it, Its partial tube front/rear, fuel cell, fully stripped, etc.
And should make around 400 with the cam setup
Old 12-07-2013, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by theianmcdougall
Its already been turned off.

Ive read through a few threads of people that have swapped this motor, the stock harness is pretty much a standalone, there are people runnings these things w/o fuse boxes, only fuse im using is to the PCM.
ok then good luck...............
Old 12-07-2013, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

cool ride!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Thanks for yalls help guys, we ended up running a 12v power off a relay to the wire that splices into all the injectors/coils and Boom, it runs.

Quick Reply: 240sx Ls1 swap, coils/injectors not getting power