Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Intake Install problems-help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Holley Intake Install problems-help?

Ok, so I decided to change out my FAST intake to a polished Holley intake. I haven't had any problems switching intakes out before, so I gave it a shot. Everything went on, and I hooked everything back up.

I cranked it, and it went wide open throttle!!! I shut it off quickly, and gave it a few minutes, and tried again, and it sputtered really bad, like it wasn't on the right cylinders. Shut it down and gave it a few more minutes, and cranked and it went back to wide open throttle!

WHAT THE #$%^&*(?

It sounds like it could be a vacuum leak, but I don't see anything unplugged or open? Anyone have any ideas what the hell is going on?

Please help
Old 12-29-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It went WOT with the actual throttle blade closed?

Did you check to see if the TB blade is binding or sticking open? Have someone look at the TB when you start it and see what's going on there. Or if you're like me, and have no friends close by, use your camera to record it.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does this manifold have the individual port gaskets or one per side? Did you torque the manifold in stages, then go over the bolts repeatedly until they stop moving?

Quick Reply: Holley Intake Install problems-help?