Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 block ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 05:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 block ???

thinking about buying a lt1 block and owner told me that it only had 2000 miles on it and has a spun bearing due to over reving. i plan to build a stroker and have the block toltally redone.
IS THIS BLOCK FOREVER DEFECTED DUE TO THE SPUN BEARING EVEN IF NEW BEARINGS ARE INSTALLED????
the reason why i ask is becouse i have noticed blocks advertised for sale saying that its never had a spun baring b4. thanks, marcus
Old 05-12-2004, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

as long as the blocks not cracked, which it shouldnt be just from a spun bearing, it should be find for boring and stroking, just have it bored and honed, checked out, all the usual stuff that en engine builder does, how much does the person want for the block, if its just a block you shouldnt have to pay any more than about 150 bux for it
brian
Old 05-12-2004, 10:19 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Have 4-bolt splayed caps installed and an align bore done and everything will be much stronger than the stock setup. Its not cheap to do, but IMO worth it if you put any kind of power through it, last one I did was almost $400 extra for the 4-bolt caps including the machine work. If it had a main bearing spun, that was probably a factory machining error with that low of mileage. LT1 bare blocks can go anywhere from $200-$450 depending on what needs to be done to them.