Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS (non shaft) rocker arm experiences, breakage, float what have you seen?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default LS (non shaft) rocker arm experiences, breakage, float what have you seen?

We used to use Yella Terra exclusively for stuff that we wanted rollers on (bronzeguides etc) but went through a rash of breakages, 1 here and there in a few motors. Nothing hurt warrantied and go but still bothers me. Everything else was apparently heavier over the nose and made valvetrain even harder to keep happy.

Looks like Comp and Crane both have a newer non adjustable rocker design that MAY be as light as them as the valve sees them, any experiences breakage etc? Saw post where someone went from one of the C companies to yella and their float problems went away, but that may have been a older design with heavier rocker body

I know Erik Koenig said the Scorpions had decent geometry out of the bunch years back, but they went through breakages too, supposed to be redesigned fuller in the backside, but anyone have track record of those recently?
Old 04-22-2014, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I ran the old Crane Quick Lift rockers. They have very poor geometry with a wide wipe pattern. I am now running the Yella Terra's, however, rather then temp fate I plan to update to their latest design. Have not seen nor heard of the new ones breaking. I would rather do that then swap to a different unknown with no track record.

Quick Reply: LS (non shaft) rocker arm experiences, breakage, float what have you seen?