Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no oil pressure after new motor install

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no oil pressure after new motor install

Hi, Just go my new motor put back in. 2000 trans am ls1. New melling high volume pump, started right up but no oil pressure on the gage. Switched opsu....still nothing.....pulled the opsu and put finger over hole and lots of pressure and new clean oil blowing everywhere. If I pull the wire off the opsu the gage pegs out, does that mean the gage is working correctly? I have the parts to install a mechanical gage on the way. any ideas
Old 05-04-2014, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kennypowers
Hi, Just go my new motor put back in. 2000 trans am ls1. New melling high volume pump, started right up but no oil pressure on the gage. Switched opsu....still nothing.....pulled the opsu and put finger over hole and lots of pressure and new clean oil blowing everywhere. If I pull the wire off the opsu the gage pegs out, does that mean the gage is working correctly? I have the parts to install a mechanical gage on the way. any ideas
kennypowers, I see that you are in North Al as well. I just removed my old motor and hopefully I will have everything ready to install my new one next weekend. Back to your question, the good thing is that it sounds as if you indeed do have good oil pressure with the opsu removed. I have heard that these opsu units are a little finiky. What brand of opsu did you install? I would also be looking at your wiring, you may have a damaged wire.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ended up being the small freeze plug in front of the block behind the timing cover. The shop did not put it in.

Quick Reply: no oil pressure after new motor install