Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 Cam Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T1 Cam Install Help

Hey yall needs sum help and some advice..Well please excuse me but this is my first cam install and I really want to do this right..Frist off i have a 2002 6 speed LS1 BONE Stock now i got my long tubes so she can breath but no heads yet and i have had my cam for like forever now and im finally ready for the install.. it is the T1 comp cams from MTI specs are like 221/221/558/558/112 i think anyway I am about to buy my pushrods and springs etc. Now here is were i get stuck now I want to change my rocker arms pushrods lifters valve springs.I spoke with the comp cam tech guy and i am very interested in the Shaft mounted aluminum rocker arms but they said it was not really nessarry regardless i do want to change the rocker arms but would i benifit more from the shaft mounted rocker arms Vs. the regular rocker arms w/o the shaft i do plan to upgrade to a prochrger system in the future with the same cam so I would assume the shaft mounted rocker arms would be better but then again i dont know for sure..Anyway I will be getting everthing threw Comp cams they metioned to me a high rev kit which i think has the the 918's springs not sure thow and also includes lifters and pushrod but I also here that manly pushrods and springs are really stout.Anyway any advice would be greatly apperciated ThanX..

Last edited by Rick-LS1; 05-24-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Junkie

the new rockers will be stronger but not necessary, some people have had the stockers break so it is probably worth it. If you are going to do the lifters you have to pull the heads as well.

As far as the install this site is worth its weight in gold.

http://www.ls1howto.com/
Old 05-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

The site is awesome for installs thanx but any Recomadations as far as pushrods springs etc or do they basically work the same *** long as the pushrods are cromoly right..Basically what I mean which is the best brand to go with I want the best in my baby not worried about cost at all she's my girl gotta take care of her.Also has anyone tried the shaft mounted rockers from comp cams and if you have was the install any harder Vs the other rockers w/o the shaft.

Last edited by Rick-LS1; 05-24-2004 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

ttt...
Old 05-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

any suggestions on rockers arms or lifters whatever info you guys have.ThanX..
Old 05-25-2004, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Hey Rick, no love, huh? I think as long as you change your pushrods and springs, you'll be perfect for now. After all, the cam you got is not a monster. Sheeit, the cam I want is smaller than that.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Ya your right bro no love here i guess this same question has been posted a million times but O well i guess im gettin the good stuff well see if it holds up after the install anyway ThanX UlySSes...
Old 05-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Staging Lane

Sheeit, the cam I want is smaller than that.[/QUOTE

No way you need to put this in that 427 of yours this cam would work for you bro..A MTI S1- 244 244 .612 .612 112 anyway that's what's recommended for 427 cubic inch or larger enginess...
Old 05-26-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Well on rockers, IF you chose to, the Harland Sharpe rollers are very very nice, and only 320 shipped from Nasty right now.
Push rods, get some Mollys stock lenth with that cam. SPDC about the cheapest.

Now on springs I am picky, I went with PP Golds, you do not "need" duals with that low lift, but you will not have to change them for like 50 to 60K with that cam.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Save your money on rockers. Yes, the Harland Sharps are nice but not necessary, money could be better spent else where. There are lots of guys on this board including myself that are running h/c's, power adders, running stock rockers with no problems. Yes, a few fail from time to time, but so do aftermarket ones.

Any hardened pushrod will work fine for your application.
Any nice spring, like the blue stripes, Patriots, etc...your cam doesn't have much lift so you won't have to buy anything real radical.

What about suspension, gears, etc...most people want to jump right into the engine mods and forget about their convertor and gears?

Good Luck, decisions.,it's all up to you. Remember, you are going to get a 1,000 different responses on what you should do.