Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new oil pressure problem ideas..

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new oil pressure problem ideas..

ok so i did a search and nothing quite what im looking for.

the story..
2004 gto ls1 85k on the motor.

yesterday driving home my glow shift oil pressure gauge starting flopping around but only when above 60 psi..(prior to this oil gauge read fine always solid oil readings). so i get home i put my diablo intune on it and data log it to see what the factory oil pressure sender is seeing and its odd and jumping about 2 lbs up and down i think the longest jump was about 5 lbs(aftermarket gauge would jump 5 to 10 lbs)(upload screen shot later.) check my oil and its low about a quart its at the end of the dip stick which i find odd my last oil change was only 2500 miles ago. so i change it and today its still doing the same thing. when i get on it however the gauge will go all the way to 90 and jump around but the data log shows max pressure was only up to 58.

so im not sure if i have an oiling issue or not?? gauge says 40 psi at idle data log shows 38.

id like to know what if anyone else has data logged their oil Pressure and what it looks like.

i dont know if im just crazy and maybe its nothing and my gauge is just exaggerating normal oil pressure movement.. i guess its just wishful thinking that i wont have to tear into it..

if so i will be very unhappy tearing into a stock 85000 mile motor..

Quick Reply: new oil pressure problem ideas..