TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you, sir.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:39 PM
DK
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
10whp over a FAST isn't much? Seriously? Companies have been trying to outdo the FAST intake for over a decade and pretty much everyone of them have failed. What do you think is going to happen when the MSD gets ported considering it's already 10whp better than a FAST?

If you think 10whp isn't much, how would you feel about a Mamofied FAST being only 10whp better than an unported MSD?
Ding ding ding
Old 07-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

Is anyone close to having numbers? I'm still torn on my choice of heads for my forged LS6 and want to justify the extra cost over having my 243's CNC'd. Hoping for something upward of 500 reliably with a 102, 1 7/8 LT's, and not totally outrageous bumpstick.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:53 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by North*power
Is anyone close to having numbers? I'm still torn on my choice of heads for my forged LS6 and want to justify the extra cost over having my 243's CNC'd. Hoping for something upward of 500 reliably with a 102, 1 7/8 LT's, and not totally outrageous bumpstick.
If things go really well, I will in a few weeks.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just waiting on the headers

Heads, Cam, Ported FAST 92 Intake and Ported LS2 Throttle Body all from Tony Mamo are installed. Just waiting on the headers from Maryland Speed, which they say were sent to be ceramic coated today. We'll see! And a few pics to show the progress.
Attached Thumbnails MMS 220 heads....Info, Pics, and discussion inside-fast-92-intake_04.jpg   MMS 220 heads....Info, Pics, and discussion inside-fast-92-intake_12.jpg   MMS 220 heads....Info, Pics, and discussion inside-fast-92-intake_17.jpg   MMS 220 heads....Info, Pics, and discussion inside-fast-92-intake_18.jpg  
Old 07-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
If things go really well, I will in a few weeks.
What kind of combo are you going with? Something a little wild or mild?
I bit the bullet after talking to Tony for 20 minutes and am now going with a very stout build myself. His passion for this stuff was clearly noticeable over the phone and admitably quite contagious. I sent my 102 to him priority mail today in hopes he'll be able to get to it that much sooner. I hope you see that Tony! I'm very excited to get everything together and see what the combination is capable of. I am hoping to have everything at my engine builders by the end of August and will start my build thread once things are concrete shortly.
Cheers guys and keep the posts coming.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by North*power
What kind of combo are you going with? Something a little wild or mild?
I bit the bullet after talking to Tony for 20 minutes and am now going with a very stout build myself. His passion for this stuff was clearly noticeable over the phone and admitably quite contagious. I sent my 102 to him priority mail today in hopes he'll be able to get to it that much sooner. I hope you see that Tony! I'm very excited to get everything together and see what the combination is capable of. I am hoping to have everything at my engine builders by the end of August and will start my build thread once things are concrete shortly.
Cheers guys and keep the posts coming.
I'm basically building a no excuses build, but not "wild" or "mild". it's a spec build to Tony's specifications. Only difference is the cam I'm using is a touch different than Tony normally specs, because I wanted a bit more overlap and a bit more exhaust duration.

I've got a build thread going
Old 08-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Default Will the frustration ever end?

UPS delivered the X-Pipe and header parts late yesterday afternoon. Box was in good shape and the pipes are pristine, however, the O2 sensor extensions for the 04 Corvette are missing. The parts inventory listing from LG Motorsports show that 2 pairs of square to square O2 extensions ('04 only') should have been in the box. I've carefully gone through the packaging from the box and they are not present. I've contacted LG Motorsports and they are going to ship them out on Monday which is wonderful service, but I've been set back another week. None of this will make any difference in ten years - but for now, I'm pretty frustrated. Thanks for listening!
Old 08-08-2015, 12:19 PM

totally feel your frustration there. My car would be running except for the crossover kit I ordered two weeks ago from jegs is still not here.

You know, you'd think heads, intake manifold, custom pushrods, etc might take longer than an off the shelf part, but NOOOOOOO.......
Old 08-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Must be Murphy's law, If it can go wrong it will and it has!
Old 08-08-2015, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
totally feel your frustration there. My car would be running except for the crossover kit I ordered two weeks ago from jegs is still not here.

You know, you'd think heads, intake manifold, custom pushrods, etc might take longer than an off the shelf part, but NOOOOOOO.......
The benefit of being on a build for two years. No longer wanting everything right now. But I have been in your shoes many times. Think this will only take a little while and then get hung up on a delayed part. Usually it's the dumbest thing too which makes it that much more frustrating. Looking forward to seeing some of these builds coming together though.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by unit
Must be Murphy's law, If it can go wrong it will and it has!
I think Murphy was an optimist. He never took timing into account. In my experience it'll be at worst possible moment
Old 08-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Default Headers are on - car won't start

I got all of the parts and have the headers installed. Everything is buttoned up but it won't start. I'm getting a No Comm. error for all systems in the DIC. The engine cranks normally but there is no indication the it's firing.

I disconnected both engine grounds on the lower portion of the block prior to installing the headers to ensure none of the wiring would get damaged and reinstalled both grounds before tightening the headers down. I've checked both those grounds and I don't think they are the problem.

Fuses 16 and 23 in the Under Hood Fuse Box are good. The mini relay #42 - IGN is making a humming sound that's not normal.

I have not run the engine since installing the FAST 92, LS2 Throttle Body and headers.

I'm stumped!

Last edited by unit; 08-13-2015 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Correct spelling
Old 08-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

I got all of the parts and have the headers installed. Everything is buttoned up but it won't start. I'm getting a No Comm. error for all systems in the DIC. The engine cranks normally but there is no indication the it's firing.

I disconnected both engine grounds on the lower portion of the block prior to installing the headers to ensure none of the wiring would get damaged and reinstalled both grounds before tightening the headers down. I've checked both those grounds and I don't think they are the problem.

Fuses 16 and 23 in the Under Hood Fuse Box are good. The mini relay #42 - IGN is making a humming sound that's not normal.

I have not run the engine since installing the FAST 92, LS2 Throttle Body and headers.

I'm stumped!
Re-install the ground to the back of the drivers side head? That MF'r popped loose on my c5z...I had same symptoms.

GL
Old 08-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Found it and it started. Cleared the codes and I'm going to take it for an easy drive.

Thank you CarlostheBarbarian
Old 08-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Found it and it started. Cleared the codes and I'm going to take it for an easy drive.

Thank you CarlostheBarbarian
Old 08-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Took the car for a five mile drive, never got on it and never drove over 50. Just wanted to make sure it would get me to the tuner. Car sounds great and feels punchier for the short time I had it out. The earliest I could get in was Monday, Aug. 24th. I'll keep you guys informed about how it goes at the tuner.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 383 Likes on 150 Posts

Took the car for a five mile drive, never got on it and never drove over 50. Just wanted to make sure it would get me to the tuner. Car sounds great and feels punchier for the short time I had it out. The earliest I could get in was Monday, Aug. 24th. I'll keep you guys informed about how it goes at the tuner.
I cant believe it even drove that well with the injector tables still set to stock and all the other mods that effect airflow recently installed. That computer must have been keeping busy trying to keep all the A/F ratios correct.....LOL Thank God you didn't try any WOT.....that would have been bad

Should be a whole new world when you finally get everything calibrated properly. Your tuner should be able to get all the injector info for those FAST Bosch 36 lb injectors online fairly quickly if he Googles. Or even on this board in the tuning section etc.

Another week and change we have to wait!!

Oh well....LOL

-Tony

www.mamomotorsports.com

Tony@MamoMotorsports.com

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Build it right the first time....its alot cheaper than building it twice!!
Old 08-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Still has the OEM injectors in it. I won't change them out until I'm at the tuner's on the day of the tune. Parking the car now until the 24th. Can't wait to have a car the I can drive again.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh $&@/ Tony has got to be going nuts. We are all getting close on builds he helped with. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Quick Reply: MMS 220 heads....Info, Pics, and discussion inside