Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on Patriot Performance spring issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on Patriot Performance spring issue

I just wanted to leave a quick update. Terry Wilkes stepped up to the plate and over night sent me a set of new springs (PP gold, retainers, seals keepers and seats) at his expense, no question asked
Due to my work schedule, and other factors, I did not get started on swapping the springs until late friday night. (I had a dyno tune scheduled at LS1speed saturday morning). I repaired the broken springs and decided it would be best just to button everything up, get the car dyno tuned and swap out the remaining springs later in the week.
Since the drive is about 50 miles or so, I went with Constrictor saturday morning. On the drive up there, the car started running like it had another broken valve spring.................with about 10 miles to go, we babied the car there to LS1speed.
At this point, the car remians in their hands as I was not going to try and drive it home like that. They are going to swap out the remaining springs and dyno tune her. I'll post some numbers after I get the car back.
I feel that Mr Wilkes went the extra mile and I have nothing but good to say about their customer service.
Thanks again for the quick help.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck with the new springs. Your gonna like 'em. I have them on my heads. Terry is a great person to deal with.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

Wow... what are the odds of that?

I remember you saying these were display heads, you got on a sale.

I wonder if they were setup for display in the direct sun or something, or the springs to be that brittle. Yes the old springs were prone to an break once in a while....
but not 2 in less than 200 "unspirited: driving.

Hope they get you all squared away.

Pete
Old 06-05-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Terry is the ****! He Nxday air Saturday some coolent plugs free of charge because I tossed mine!!!!!