Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little Harness help with LQ9 swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Harness help with LQ9 swap

I just pulled my SBC today and am laying out my Pacific Fabrication harness to see how it will all integrate and lay out on my LQ9. I am running into some questions that I am sure have straight forward solutions, but I just can't see them now.

My new harness:

- My original harness came with a Battery Temp Module (Part # 15263889). Apparently this is for the alternator to know how to charge the battery based on the temp. My harness has no plug for this, should I just delete it?

- My Dorman in tank fuel sending unit that I installed to hold the Walbro High Pressure pump is a two wire connector, yet the connector off my harness is a three wire. I have a separate ground with the sending unit, do I need the third wire, which I assume is a ground? Or can I delete it?

here is my sending unit. You can see the separate ground and two wire connector

Here is my connector from my new harness. Not the greatest shot, but you can see it is three not two wire.

- My alternator connection doesn't connect up to my alternator. They are different sizes. Is there an adapter I can purchase?

- I also removed my two wire coolant temp sensor and replaced it with an autometer sending unit for my gauges. Can I somehow accommodate the autometer unit to work with my harness? I would presume I would just remove the adapter and wire it directly into the sender. Which wire goes to what?

Stock Unit:

Autometer unit installed in my Block

Also, trying to figure out what this is for. I ran the part number and nothing came up. It came with my old harness. I am assuming it is for DBW.

And Finally, my VSS that came with the NP241C that I picked up at the local JY has a different adapter than my harness came with. Adapters available for that too?

I realize that Pacific Fabrication can most likely answer most of these questions, but it is a three day weekend, and I figured this information might be of use to others too.

Cheers
Old 07-03-2015, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need the stock water sender in place as it works with the ecu calibration. The auto meter unit is only for the gauge.There are 2 styles of alt connectors,most people just replace the connector with the one that fits. Battery Temp module goes away. The subharness goes between the pedal and the tac module (you can tell by the large seal
where it goes thru the firewall). Steve
Old 07-03-2015, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Nevermind.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4-pin to 2-pin alternator adapter Alternator Adapter from Speartech

Quick Reply: Little Harness help with LQ9 swap