Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Part number - AC accumulator/dryer

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GM Part number - AC accumulator/dryer

I did a ported head and cam swap last year. During the tear down, I removed the radiator and AC condensor....

Everything went well except now my AC accumulator tends to freeze up after 40-50 minutes of highway driving.....

I beleive it is moister in the AC system.....so it is time to open her up again and replace the AC accumulator and dryer....

Can someone please tell me the GM part number for this silver tin can?

WE NEED THE MODERATORS OF THIS BOARD TO CREATE A SEPARATE TOPIC FOR AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS....

PS - the new ten dollar bill will soon have Ron Reagon's picture on it - WOW I CAN'T WAIT!
Old 06-08-2004, 04:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dont know the anwser to your question but in the past 6 months there were like 2 a/c threads...so to start a whole new section just for them is like having a section for headbolts and nothing else.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by robertbartsch
I did a ported head and cam swap last year. During the tear down, I removed the radiator and AC condensor....

Everything went well except now my AC accumulator tends to freeze up after 40-50 minutes of highway driving.....

I beleive it is moister in the AC system.....so it is time to open her up again and replace the AC accumulator and dryer....

Can someone please tell me the GM part number for this silver tin can?

WE NEED THE MODERATORS OF THIS BOARD TO CREATE A SEPARATE TOPIC FOR AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS....

PS - the new ten dollar bill will soon have Ron Reagon's picture on it - WOW I CAN'T WAIT!
Go to http://www.acdelco.com/html/catalog/index_auto.htm to get the #.

And it's an aluminum tin can I would also look at the oriface tube as well if you are intent on opening the system up. Myself, I would just suck it down for a couple of hours and recharge with the quanity listed on the sticker on the evap box. In an earlier post you stated that you put in two (2) cans of R134A and some oil. Check the can for content because that is not 2 lbs. I don't remember what the R134A cans are off hand, either 12 or 14 oz but they are NOT 16 oz (1lbs)

Last edited by glen; 06-08-2004 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

98-02 LS1 A/C Accumulator GM#2724938