Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR heads have the Patriot GOLD springs??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AFR heads have the Patriot GOLD springs??

I was told by a VERY reliable source that the new AFR heads that are rated for the "high lift" cams come with Patriot GOLD dual springs. Has anyone seen a set of the AFR heads outfitted for higer lift cams? I know Tony from AFR is on this forum alot, maybe he can verify this. Tony, are you guys buying springs from Patriot? I'm interested in this because maybe you'll help me confirm my opinon that it's the best spring availble on the market today
Old 06-11-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets see... Terry said he sold a batch of his springs to a very reputable company in another post. Hmmm.......
Old 06-11-2004, 07:26 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Patriot's Gold springs are the best springs on the market IMHO. I don't think it will be long before they're used in just about every set of aftermarket cylinder heads!

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 06-11-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

you guys make it seem like patriot makes the springs. Yeah Im sure they are excellent springs, but they are prob. made in mexico for 15 cents a dozen. It is good to see sponsors working together.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Not A V8
Patriot's Gold springs are the best springs on the market IMHO. I don't think it will be long before they're used in just about every set of aftermarket cylinder heads!

Why are they the best in your opinion?
Old 06-11-2004, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike m
you guys make it seem like patriot makes the springs. Yeah Im sure they are excellent springs, but they are prob. made in mexico for 15 cents a dozen. It is good to see sponsors working together.

hmm... that sure is strange cause the guy that told me about AFR buying the springs from Patriot is right here in Alabama and makes ALL of the Ti retainers for Patriot's spring kits, which are also made here in the USA. The guy also only makes the super 7 Ti retainers for Patriot exclusively to use with their proprietary spring design. I may be wrong.. but I'm pretty sure that the machine shop owner I talked to today wouldn't lie to me. I guess if Tony or Terry posts up, I'll be able to tell you that you're full of **** on the mexico deal, but it wouldn't be the first time you've posted false info. Time will tell......... So, maybe someone that isn't so closely associated with one of Patriot's main competitors (that has spread untrue rumors about them in the past) will step up with some TRUE and FACTUAL info on this subject... not just second hand hearsay that some are so proficient at.

Last edited by gomer; 06-11-2004 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gomer get your red white and blue patriot panties outa your ***. I was only stating that patriot does not make the springs and has someone else make them. I said they were probably made in mexico like everything else is nowadays. I also did state they are good springs. AFR is top notch and wouldnt use junk. I will be purchasing a set of the 225's when they come out. (with additional work by AS) As for me staying false info. I call it as I see it and as how people post it. Your the one whos so full of ****. Hey as for me being so closely associated with patriots competitor, yeah I Knew Jay for over 10 years. How long have you known Terry? You guys must be dating or something the way you kiss his *** so much. Why dont you tell everyone on here how you are affliated with patriot and get it over with.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Not A V8
What makes you believe this? Are you an expert in springs? If so please tell us in detail what makes this spring sooo great. I dont know, I am not a spring expert and seeing as how AFR will be using these springs and I wil be wanting to buy a set of these heads in the future it would be nice to have some technical insite. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

Hey Mike, who pissed in your coffee today (telling someone to pull the red, white and blue panties out of their ***, wtf)? You have a real attitude. Who cares where they're made if they are a well designed and manufactured part anyway.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ArcticFormula
Hey Mike, who pissed in your coffee today (telling someone to pull the red, white and blue panties out of their ***, wtf)? You have a real attitude. Who cares where they're made if they are a well designed and manufactured part anyway.
1st off i dont drink coffee. I dont know if it is a well manufactured part Im waiting to hear some technical explination on how these springs are the best in these guys opinions. I have no attitude so unless you have a problem with red white and blue panties I see no reason why you should get involved.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hrm..only one company uses the "gold" finish..and has for years..
And does a lot of private labeling...

Isky....

That is all...
Old 06-11-2004, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Fbody99
Hrm..only one company uses the "gold" finish..and has for years..
And does a lot of private labeling...

Isky....

That is all...
Isky has nothing to do with this spring.FWIW,Isky,Comp,Crane,Manley none of these companies make their own springs.They are like the rest of us,they have them manufactured to their own specs.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My guess is your man in Alabama just got a "shut the **** up" phone call from somebody. But, I also guess the cat is probably out of the bag by the lack of denial on Terrys part. This internet...its like a carnival.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

GUYs, what matters here is Patriot "Gold" springs are one of the best.
This argument over where the parts are made is BS. Do I need to remind you that Camaros were built in Canada?
IMO, if AFR was to use the Pats. that would be great!
Old 06-12-2004, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

To my knowledge, there hasn't been a Patriot Gold spring failure yet. Even with the HUGE cams that everyone is using nowdays. I'm glad they are on my heads, I'm sure they can handle my baby cam and once I step it up I still will have no worries.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

I am running the GOLD springs on my TSP race heads with a 238/242 cam. It's been the to track quite a few times and is driven on the street also. No problems at all. They must work pretty well.

I don't see why this deal about the fact that someone else is making the springs matters, there is no reason that should have any been brought up. Hardly any company out there makes all the stuff they sell and put their names on at their own shop/buisness.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ArcticFormula
Who cares where they're made if they are a well designed and manufactured part anyway.
I care where they are made. I didn't bring up the point of where they are manufactured nor did I insinuate they were made in Mexico but I am interested in knowing where they are produced.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got a good idea to settle this. Send me a free set and I will replace my old beat up 987`s and let you know how good they are

Well it was worth a try anyway
Old 06-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Springs!!!

Hello...

I was considering not responding just to keep the "entertainment value" of this thread going....

BUT....just to put all minds at rest, YES...AFR is currently installing Patriot "gold" dual springs as our "standard" valvespring. We are having springs custom made specifically for us, of very similar premium wire material, but the lead time for a run of custom springs is insane. We felt that of all the dual springs currently available, the Patriot spring (not manufactured by Patriot of course) was arguably one of the best springs we could have installed till our own production run is complete.

Our "upgrade" spring is similar in material, but has additional seat pressure (145 lbs.) and a higher spring rate (400 lbs. @ .600). We recommend our "upgrade" springs with their higher pressures in applications where gross valve lift is .600 or more and/or the RPM level you expect to turn is approaching the 7000 mark. We also recommend installing the COMP "R" lifters with our upgrade spring as it has a different oil metering system which better handles the additional spring load.

Terry....Thanks for all the help with the valvesprings!

Regards to all,
Tony M.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess that answers that.
Weird how the cat always gets let out of the bag.