This thread is for you all to learn about and ask any questions you have about the LS NEXT & SHP LS NEXT blocks.
If you are building something powerful, choosing the right engine block is one of the most important choices you will make. While LS enthusiasts have done amazing things with stock components, the stock block has its limitation and shortcomings.
We looked at these weaknesses and shortcomings and designed a whole new block that would give the LS platform the benefit of our decades of racing experience.
We have also created several different versions and options for our LS blocks. So, if you have questions on which one might be right for your application, ask away.
Here are a few key photos of the standard LS NEXT aluminum block
and some of the key features:
• Skirted and non-skirted design option available.
• Priority main oiling system.
• Available in deck heights from 9.240” up to 9.950”.
• STD or raised .388” cam location.
• Cylinder barrels extended .375” at the bottom.
• Extra thick decks ensure reliable head gasket seal.
• Blind head bolt holes don’t go through to water jacket.
• Scalloped water jackets increase flow around cylinders for better cooling.
• Clearance for 4.100” stroke w/ steel rods.
• Splayed outer bolts on middle main bearing caps.
• LS and Gen I style motor mounts.
• Provisions for OE stock roller lifters and cam.
• Uses stock timing covers and stock rear cover.
• All OE bolt holes for starter, water pump, etc.
• Driver or passenger side starter mounts.
• Parts kit sold separately (PN: 32000017).