Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st post ever on Cams

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1st post ever on Cams

Will I need tuning on a 221/221 114 cam like TSPs. I know I'll need springs and I will probably get pushrods as well, but according to JMX's camshaft guide I shouldn't need tuning.
Link: http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?ar...5f33af#camhelp
Just curious if anyone has done a cam upgrade with mods similar to mine. If anyone has any suggestions as to what should be next before cam I would also appreciate that as well. I am looking for a decent gain because I have not experienced that yet. They have all been stepping stones, 5-10 hp here and there. I plan on getting another cam later on down the line when my car is closer to being done. As for now I want some real hp, at least 20hp. I have full exhaust and intake boltons are in process (lid, K&N filter, BGRA, !FRA and soon...ported TB and LS6 I-Manifold or LSX I-Manifold, I haven't decided on which one yet). Like I said, this is my first post on cams, so I am still learning the lingo and just started doing research on them last night. Any tips would be great!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

with that small of a cam, you can get away without a tune, but it would help a little if you had one. its up to you but you shouldnt have any problem getting it to idle.